ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 family visitor query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

agam_21
Newly Registered

tier1 family visitor query

Post by agam_21 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm

hi members,

i would like to invite my spouse on a family visitor visa to UK, i am on tier-1 general. As i am just renting a room with all bills includes don't have any tennency agreement, council tax bills etc. i do understand accommodation is a major requirement for such visas.

just need some suggestions about following idea:-

i want to book a hotel room which will cost me about £1000 for 30 days, initially i just have to pay £200 for booking and balance during checkin. is it possible to get a visa provided a proof of accommodation as a hotel booking and later on cancel the booking once she get her visa and stays with me at my place where i am renting

valuable suggestions are required

i can afford a studio or a single bedroom flat but as my wife is just coming for a visit i dont see any point paying to estate agents and getting tied up on 6-12 months contract.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Please post your queries in the relevant forum. Family visitor EC has nothing to do with points-based system so this is not the appropriate forum to post such queries.

Are you a Tier 1 (General) migrant? Till ten days ago, you were onTier 1 (PSW) with less than 6 months remaining on your visa and your Tier 1 (General) application had been refused.

It has already been suggested to you (rightly so) that if you've less than 6 months of leave remaining, it is highly unlikely that EC applications of your dependents / family members / relatives will be approved if you are sponsoring their visits in any way.

Now, is the situation same or has it changed since 07-Feb?

regards

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm

When hotel bookings are being made etc etc...Can she not apply under UK visitor visa? Theoritically, She's not going to stay with you anyway.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:23 pm

rsathish wrote:When hotel bookings are being made etc etc...Can she not apply under UK visitor visa? Theoritically, She's not going to stay with you anyway.
No, because she will have to declare on her visa application form that her spouse is in the UK. If she doesn't, it will be construed as using deception to enter UK. Also, as a (general) visitor she cannot provide evidence that her UK based spouse is sponsoring her trip (be it accommodation, maintenance, flight tickets etc.).

regards