ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ( under SET-M), At Croydon PEO Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tim555

ILR ( under SET-M), At Croydon PEO Success

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all those members who shared their experience and information and adviced for ILR ( under set-m ) especially John.

I got my ILR ( set-m ) on 17th Feb 2010, at Croydon office.

Arrived Croydon Office at 8.25 am for 9.00 am appointment, booked 28 days before expiry of 2 year spouse visa.

At main enterence they checked my appointment reference than normal security check in 2 mins.

20 mins wait in que for docs checking.

15 mins wait for initial docs checking at window. He asked following things:

1. Application form (set m)
2. My passport.
3. Mrs passport.
( he matched the signature of my mrs on form and her passport )
4. Marriage certificate
5. Life in uk certificate
6. Bundle of other supporting docs ( he did not look just saw whole bath of docs)

He stamped application 'VALID', handed a token number and I headed to payment section on 1st floor.

Payment took 7 mins. Paid by Card and she took payment page from application form. I got the payment receipt.

Than I headed to main hall and waited 20 mins. They called my token number at window and asked following things:

1. Application form
2. Payment receipt
3. Passports ( Mr & Mrs )
4. Marriage certificate
5. Life in uk certificate
6. than she asked to provide everything I got to support the application. I forward whole batch of docs she asked me to go back on your seat and I'll call you later.

What was in the whole batch of docs:

a) 3 months bank statement ( joint account)
b) 1 year bank statement ( mrs sole account)
c) letter from employer + 6 months payslips ( mine )
d) letter from employer + 6 months payslips ( mrs )
e) last two years utility bills ( sole and joint names) council bill, utility bill, bt bill, medical card, letter from dr, dvla letters, bank letters, mobile bills, tv licen, driving licen, credit card statements and other junk letters.

She took 30 mins and selected few docs, got photocopies and called me for collection of my docs. She said she's gonna send my passport and copied docs for checking for unknown period of time. she did not mentioned the time consumption on checking process.

After half an hour she called me and told she's still waiting for docs to come back from checking. She'll let me know or wait until someone calles my token number. She also informed me I can stay in or can go out side HO ( if I want ) and can come back.

I did not go out just waited there. They did not asked any question from me or my wife.

At 12'o clock from window 21, a lady called my token number for collection of passport. She handed over the ILR Stamped passport and covering letter. She requested to double check my name and date of birth on ILR Stamp before I leave the HO.

Screens for calling token numbers in the main hall were out of order. There was a mixture of both automatic and manual calling announcement from different windows. It was quite hard and difficult to listen the calling token number in mix announcements.

Thanks for everyone for you support and guidance.

Now the next stag is naturalization. I'm aware of following rule:
In the UKBA website, it says the following:

"Unless you are married to a British citizen you should also have been free from immigration time restrictions for at least 12 months before you make your application"

My understanding is that since I'm married to my wife (British citizen), I do not have to wait for 12 months from the time I was issued Indefinite Leave to Remain because i has already been in the UK for 6 years.

But there is a problem on this rule. From Last 6 years I'm in UK legally including 2 years on spouse ( british citizen ) visa and few days on ILR ( under SET-M). Today Nationality Check Service ( Waltham forest - London ) refused to give me an appointment because my ILR is not 12 months old and advised me to wait for another 12 months as I can not qualify for 3 years british spouse rule. They said home office has clearly instructed them to deal with only 12 months old ILR ( for BC spouse) and there is non-refund HO fee £720.00.

I dont want to loss my application and £720.00 ( HO Fee ) + £50.00 ( NCS Fee ). Is there anybody who can share their experience or comment/advise on above situation? Or someone had same situation and got Citizenship?
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Why did you not ask at Croydon when you got your ILR?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:36 pm

mochyn wrote:Why did you not ask at Croydon when you got your ILR?
They said contact our Nationality/citizenship customer services. I'll contact them on Monday.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

geriatrix

Re: ILR ( under SET-M), At Croydon PEO Success

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 am

Tim555 wrote: Today Nationality Check Service ( Waltham forest - London ) refused to give me an appointment because my ILR is not 12 months old and advised me to wait for another 12 months as I can not qualify for 3 years british spouse rule.
Perhaps time for NCS staff at the said office to undergo a refresher course on British Nationality Act!

Read Nationality Instructions > Chapter 18 > para 18.2.2.1 and para 18.2.2.2, in particular 18.2.2.2 (d).

regards

Tim555

Re: ILR ( under SET-M), At Croydon PEO Success

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Tim555 wrote: Today Nationality Check Service ( Waltham forest - London ) refused to give me an appointment because my ILR is not 12 months old and advised me to wait for another 12 months as I can not qualify for 3 years british spouse rule.
Perhaps time for NCS staff at the said office to undergo a refresher course on British Nationality Act!

Read Nationality Instructions > Chapter 18 > para 18.2.2.1 and para 18.2.2.2, in particular 18.2.2.2 (d).

regards
I Agree. Thanks for link.

John

Post by John » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 pm

If you continue to have problems with that NCS office, complain to www.oisc.gov.uk who regulate such offices.
John

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi

Thats great news that you got your ILR. Can you tell me, did they allow your wife to enter the building and sit with you during the process.

Also you mention you had letters from your employer, what did these say?

Many Thanks

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi

Thats great news that you got your ILR. Can you tell me, did they allow your wife to enter the building and sit with you during the process.

Also you mention you had letters from your employer, what did these say?

Many Thanks
Thanks Juliajules1979.

Yes they allowed my wife to enter the building and sit with me during the process. As it is important u bring ur partner with u, if not than at least have signed letter from your partner CONFIRMING he/she is supporting your application.

On employer letter, they confirmed following:

- I'm working with them. ( part / full time )
-Since when I stat job with them
-Permanent or Temp Job
-My earning capacity
-Method of wage payment ( cash/bacs/cheque)

If you need further assistance please feel free to ask.

Good Luck

TIM

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm

John wrote:If you continue to have problems with that NCS office, complain to www.oisc.gov.uk who regulate such offices.
Thanks John.

I have contacted OISC and forward the details. Investigation Case is now opened against NCS office.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Tim

Many thanks for your reply. Its so difficult when you do these applications to know what to include!

My husband and I are currently living at my parents, and hope to do so for a while yet (so much cheaper). Therefore we do not have many docs in joint names, mainly docs in sole names, therefore every letter counts!

I feel I am developing a bit of an obsession with letter saving! Will be glad when its all over.

Good luck with the Citiizenship appeal.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi Tim

Many thanks for your reply. Its so difficult when you do these applications to know what to include!

My husband and I are currently living at my parents, and hope to do so for a while yet (so much cheaper). Therefore we do not have many docs in joint names, mainly docs in sole names, therefore every letter counts!

I feel I am developing a bit of an obsession with letter saving! Will be glad when its all over.

Good luck with the Citiizenship appeal.
Thanks for UR regards. I've not submit my Citizenship application yet so have no appeal. Though there was a problem with a local NCS office, investigation is in progress now.

Regarding your application, When r u submitting application for ILR?
Dont worry try to collect as many as letters ( including any junks ). Please make sure you should have something from the followings very common letters:

-NHS Card ( Medical card ) for u and ur hubby.
-Letter from Ur GP, confirming u n ur hubby are registered with them
-Provisional/Full Driving Lince ( u & ur hubby )
-Bank statements ( u & ur hubby ) single or joint name.
-Any utility bill ( single or joint name ) like BT, British Gas, Water etc
-Mobile bills
-TV lince
-Any uni or college letters.

Relax and take is easy. Inshallah U'll get ILR.

Wish u Good Luck.

All the best
TIM

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 am

Many thanks Tim. ILR not for another 11 months!! But I'm starting early, making sure I have everything that is needed. Have lots of important letter for the year just gone (DVLA, DSA, NHS, Doctors etc.) But its making sure we have similar important ones for this year also!

In'shallah this time next year, my husband will have ILR!!

Many thanks for all your advice.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Tim

Sorry its me again. Could u tell me did you take photocopies of all your documents with you? Also how did you arrange everything? For example in date order, joint and single letters separate etc?

One more thing, did you have difficulties booing your appointment with the peo? Any tips for when they add dates etc. Did you book by phone or net.

Once again I thank you for all your help.

Julia

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:59 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Many thanks Tim. ILR not for another 11 months!! But I'm starting early, making sure I have everything that is needed. Have lots of important letter for the year just gone (DVLA, DSA, NHS, Doctors etc.) But its making sure we have similar important ones for this year also!

In'shallah this time next year, my husband will have ILR!!

Many thanks for all your advice.
That means u have enough time to prepare documentation. Good luck :)

Inshallah by next year ( same time ) ur hubby will have ILR.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi Tim

Sorry its me again. Could u tell me did you take photocopies of all your documents with you? Also how did you arrange everything? For example in date order, joint and single letters separate etc?

One more thing, did you have difficulties booing your appointment with the peo? Any tips for when they add dates etc. Did you book by phone or net.

Once again I thank you for all your help.

Julia
No need for photocopies bring all original docs. They ( Home Office ) will do photocopies ( of their selected docs ). Arrange it neatly by years ( e.g jan 2008, feb 08,....... so on, in date order together/mix joint and single name). They will ask you to forward supporting docs than u have to forward whole batch of docs. They will go through each and every document and select the certain ( on their choice ) gets the photocopies and returns the original.

Tip: Try to get letters for every single month ( though not necessary ). I know its bit difficult but its good as it will give case worker more choice of selection and it impacts a good impression.

Try to book online appointment 6 to 8 weeks earlier to your appointment date. or by phone 8 to 10 weeks before your desired appointment date.

Good Luck

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks so much for all your help. Do the phone appointment service make appointments avaliable 8-10 weeks in advance? Thats very good of them!
I will start calling 2 and half months in advance. And you said that 8.59am is the best time to call. I will do that. Did you have difficulties booking your appointment?

Many thanks.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm

only 6 weeks over the phone. on-line dates are open for 8 weeks ahead but nothing comes up further than 4 weeks

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Thanks so much for all your help. Do the phone appointment service make appointments avaliable 8-10 weeks in advance? Thats very good of them!
I will start calling 2 and half months in advance. And you said that 8.59am is the best time to call. I will do that. Did you have difficulties booking your appointment?

Many thanks.
Yes phone appointment service will be available 6 to 8 weeks in advance. Once you ring them ( 6 - 8 weeks in advance ) atleast you get an idea where are the appointment dates exactly at.

8.59am is perfect time for phone app booking. You should try online appointments as well. Phone and Internet appointments are totally different on availablity. they have fixed qota for online and phone appointments.

I faced difficulty while booking an appointment. Initially I booked ( by phone ) birmingham office than I managed to find croydon office ( by online ). I cancelled birmingham appointment and went for croydon one. I advice intially get appointment wherever you find, wherever available ( obviously not far from from city ) than try to get your very local.

All the best.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks very much Tim, all the best with everything.

johan1976
Newly Registered

Post by johan1976 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Had the same pleasant experience at Solihull. Interview took 10 minutes, passport ready in 2 hours.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Can you please let us know in details about your experience ?