ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody Applied for ret of rights asked for ex's passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobobo

Anybody Applied for ret of rights asked for ex's passport

Post by bobobo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 am

Hi I just wanted to confirm that since many people have applied for retention of rights after divorce, has the HO asked any one for the ex spouses passport even if they had provided this earlier whilst applying for the 5 year RC.

Would be grateful if someone can share their experience with me.

Thanks

daisy81
Newly Registered

Post by daisy81 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

Hi bobobo - I actually rang the HO this morning to check the very same thing. I have been separated from my ex for almost 2 years...divorce will hopefully be finalized in 3 months. They assured me my ex's passport won't be required, as long as I'm divorced at the time of applying.

I'm hoping that will be the case when I apply as I will definitely not get my ex's passport..or payslips etc of the last 2 years.

hope this helps

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Daisy81 - Thanks for your answer, that does sound a little relaxing, I was hoping that they dont ask me for that, I did send the HO all the docs required. Because my ex was working at the same place for the last 6 years, I just sent a letter from the employed clarifying this as I didnt have any payslips or p60's. I however did send 5 payslips that covers the time from when I initiated divorce to the time the decree absolute was announced. I hope this is enough for the HO to give me retention of rights
daisy81 wrote:Hi bobobo - I actually rang the HO this morning to check the very same thing. I have been separated from my ex for almost 2 years...divorce will hopefully be finalized in 3 months. They assured me my ex's passport won't be required, as long as I'm divorced at the time of applying.

I'm hoping that will be the case when I apply as I will definitely not get my ex's passport..or payslips etc of the last 2 years.

hope this helps

daisy81
Newly Registered

Post by daisy81 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Yes, hopefully that will be enough for the HO. I rang them back a little while ago...asked the same question and was told that I will definitely have to prove my ex was exercising treaty rights right up till divorce is finallized. In my case 2 years after I separated! I told her I will not be able to give payslips or P60s etc as I have not been in contact with him since I left and had to get in contact with the police about 5 times in the past 2 years due to him harrasing and threatening me. I know however that he is still working as we work for the same company but in different buildings! :roll:
She said I should submit what I can and write a cover letter explaining but she said she's not sure whether a caseworker would even consider my application! :shock:
not sure what to do! I can not contact my ex as this will lead to more abuse!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:40 pm

I am sorry to hear that Daisy81, I think you should just send all the documents that you have with you and then send in the police reports where you have filed for harresment, that way the HO should understand that it will be difficult for you to provide any furhter documents, also if possible provide the HO with his employment details and his NI number (if you know this) and ask them to check things up. Hope things work out for you.

daisy81 wrote:Yes, hopefully that will be enough for the HO. I rang them back a little while ago...asked the same question and was told that I will definitely have to prove my ex was exercising treaty rights right up till divorce is finallized. In my case 2 years after I separated! I told her I will not be able to give payslips or P60s etc as I have not been in contact with him since I left and had to get in contact with the police about 5 times in the past 2 years due to him harrasing and threatening me. I know however that he is still working as we work for the same company but in different buildings! :roll:
She said I should submit what I can and write a cover letter explaining but she said she's not sure whether a caseworker would even consider my application! :shock:
not sure what to do! I can not contact my ex as this will lead to more abuse!