ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we reapply Tier1 or HSMP visa if you have not used it

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukhsmp

Can we reapply Tier1 or HSMP visa if you have not used it

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi ,
If we get a Tier-1 or HSMP visa stamped and we havent used it for various reasons like Job market issue and other personal reasons it has expired. Can we reapply for the same tier-1 or HSMP visa again. will there be any issues faced.
ukhsmp

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Re: Can we reapply Tier1 or HSMP visa if you have not used i

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

ukhsmp wrote:Hi ,
Can we reapply for the same tier-1 or HSMP visa again. will there be any issues faced.
I do not think there will be any issue as long as the conditions for initial applications is being met. Master degree would be must to get the requisite minimum points

Thanks
Raghavendran G

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks for your reply raghav. I not sure when they changed this rule that on Masters will contribute to points for study. I dont have a masters degree. What about extension of my visa before it expires , can it be done outside the country(U.K)
ukhsmp

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm

New Rules for Tier-I have come into place since April 2009. You could refer to the guidance. For claiming extension, old rule still applies i.e. masters is not required.

I am not sure about second question. As I gather from Tier-I guidance Introduction page Point 3

"An applicant making an application from inside the United Kingdom for an initial grant of leave or an extension of his/her existing leave under Tier 1 (General) should go to our website to find the application form at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er1general"

It speaks about applicant from inside United Kingdom only.

Thanks
Raghavendran G[/b]

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm

If you want to extend it, then

1. Old Rules still apply. That is, no Master's required
2. You need to show you are economically active. That means if possible you need to be employed at the point of extension to strengthen your case and moreover, you have to provide 12 of the last 16months payslips as proof that you have been in the UK and working for a resident UK employer on your Tier 1 Visa

Personally, I am not sure how strong your case is if you got it the first time around, never ever used it to even enter the UK job market and hunt and then request an extension.

Do also remember the reason for an extension is to help the skilled worker towards towards permanent residence. So as you have never tried to work in UK, plus you are not working at the point of extension, your case is quite weak.

The above is not considering your option of extension outside the UK for which I have no information. But in all likelihood it wont be entertained as what is the point of asking for extension if you are not in the UK on a job from a UK employee? Unless you are working in the UK and on an assignment anywhere else in the world, you cannot extend from outside the UK.

Cheers
KP

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 am

Hi kenfrapin,
Thanks for taking time to reply to my questions.
let me put down my exact situation
My Tier-1 Expires in Nov 2011.
As you said that I have to show 12 months payslip for extension.
Currently I am in the U.S and it looks like my company might want to extend my stay here may be for another 7-8 months and will have to go back to india after that. So if I enter U.K in Dec-2010 or Jan-2011 . I will have 11 months to go including my time to find a decent job. My question is if I am extending my stay in U.K from U.k

1. Is it necessary that I have to show 12 months pay slip or less than that with earnings upto the level to get points.
2. Should all the payslips be from my work in U.K or can it be from outside the country. when I checked the points calculator for extension , in the earnings section I saw that they have given option to specify the country of earning and converting that into pounds.

Can you please clarify my questions as I am in great dilemma .
1. I dont want to loose an opportunity to come to U.K and settle down there
2. I dont want to blindly take a risk by quitting my job
ukhsmp

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 am

ukhsmp wrote:What about extension of my visa before it expires , can it be done outside the country(U.K)
No.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:18 am

ukhsmp wrote:1. Is it necessary that I have to show 12 months pay slip or less than that with earnings upto the level to get points.
2. Should all the payslips be from my work in U.K or can it be from outside the country. when I checked the points calculator for extension , in the earnings section I saw that they have given option to specify the country of earning and converting that into pounds.
1. No, if you meet the threshold through income earned in less than 12 months, that's fine too.
2. IMHO, non-UK earnings can only used for purpose of extensions when you're employed with a UK based employer and working overseas for the employer. Moreover, one cannot use uplift multiplier to overseas earnings for extension applications.

regards

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 am

If we get a Tier-1 or HSMP visa stamped and we havent used it for various reasons like Job market issue and other personal reasons it has expired. Can we reapply for the same tier-1 or HSMP visa again. will there be any issues faced.
No :cry:
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:23 am

Yes you can reapply as long as you qualify to the current rules

No you canot apply for extension as you did not use it