ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation guidance needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKGuyLondon

Accomodation guidance needed

Post by UKGuyLondon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 am

Hello everyone,

My family and I are based in Pakistan. My wife and son have an approved UK Settlement Visa which was granted in Dec 2009. Our daughter was born during the time their visas were being processed and now we are applying for my daughter's visa from Karachi.

With regards to accomodation, will it be ok to show a one month booking in a hotel? Once we get to UK, we will stay in this hotel and look for suitable, long term accomodation. I do not want to book a place to stay blindly just by seeing pictures online.

Comments and opinions are requested. Thank you.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:49 am

Yes it should be fine to do that. However if I was in your shoes, I as the husband would rather come over first, stay in hotel or bed and breakfast and look for accommodation myself.

Once your whole family visas get sorted out, they could follow you knowing that they have a cosy nice home waiting for them, rather than being cooked up in a hotel. :wink:

UKGuyLondon

Rejection

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Hello Batleykhan,

Hope you are doing well.

My 6 month old daughter's settlement visa was rejected on the basis that:

"Your sponsor states that he is currently looking for accomodation in the UK. Your sponsor states that you and your family will be staying in a hotel for two weeks on entry to the UK. Your sponsor states he will then look for accomodation for you and your family on entry to the UK. As such I am not satisfied you will, be maintained adequately your parents without recourse to public funds as required by paragraph 297(v) of hc395"

IAS has advised for an administrative review but I am not clear what my argument should be. I tried contacting estate agents in Feb and asked to lease a flat in UK starting July but was advised by all the estate agents in UK that it was too much in advance and that I should contact them closer to the time I was landing in the UK.

I attached email correspondence of my efforts along with my application as supporting evidence and submitted my 2 week booking with the application

My cash in hand and provident funds are enough to last me and my family for over 2 years as per legal requirements of GBP 100 per couple and GBP 110 for 2 children (1 is aged 3 years and the other, 6 months). I also assumed a monthly rent of GBP 700 in my budget.

Fyi, I am the sponsor/UK Citizen and live in Karachi with my family.

Considering your vast experience in this area, I would appreciate advice as to what my next steps should be. (Please dont tell me to go UK and book a flat, then reapply!) Thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Rejection

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 pm

mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:My cash in hand and provident funds are enough to last me and my family for over 2 years as per legal requirements of GBP 100 per couple and GBP 110 for 2 children (1 is aged 3 years and the other, 6 months). I also assumed a monthly rent of GBP 700 in my budget.
These sums are per WEEK not per month just to clarify.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

UKGuyLondon

Re: Rejection

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu May 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Wanderer wrote:
mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:My cash in hand and provident funds are enough to last me and my family for over 2 years as per legal requirements of GBP 100 per couple and GBP 110 for 2 children (1 is aged 3 years and the other, 6 months). I also assumed a monthly rent of GBP 700 in my budget.
These sums are per WEEK not per month just to clarify.
Thank you for your reply Wanderer. Yes, I am aware they are per week and not per month. So anu suggestions on what I can write in my review application?

UKGuyLondon

My options

Post by UKGuyLondon » Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 am

Hi everyone,

My options after my 6 month old daughter's rejection are as follows:

1. Appeal (Full right of appeal is allowed)

2. Lodge a fresh application (This time, I will rent a flat in UK as opposed to a hotel booking and include it with my application.)

3. Both of the above

We are not going for a review as UKBA is not obligated to respond to it.

I am the sponsor and live in Karachi with my family. My wife and 3 year old son already have valid settlement visas.

I am leaning towards a fresh application since an appeal will take a long time and I will have to fly out to the UK at the time of hearing (don't want to take a risk of a per based hearing if I go this route) which will cost me more or less the same amount of money as a fresh application.

Questions to the moderators:

Does me not appealing against a judgement against my daughter by the ECO show to the UKBA that I am ok with their decision and make subsequent applications weaker and prone to rejection?

Does going with a fresh application show to the UKBA that I am sincere in my efforts of relocating to the UK to the point where I did not want to wait and waste time with the appeal process?

Important: Does the time to lodge an appeal start from the stamp on the passport or the date when the passport was collected?

Thank you.

batleykhan

Re: My options

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:Hi everyone,

My options after my 6 month old daughter's rejection are as follows:

1. Appeal (Full right of appeal is allowed)

2. Lodge a fresh application (This time, I will rent a flat in UK as opposed to a hotel booking and include it with my application.)

3. Both of the above

We are not going for a review as UKBA is not obligated to respond to it.

I am the sponsor and live in Karachi with my family. My wife and 3 year old son already have valid settlement visas.

I am leaning towards a fresh application since an appeal will take a long time and I will have to fly out to the UK at the time of hearing (don't want to take a risk of a per based hearing if I go this route) which will cost me more or less the same amount of money as a fresh application.

Questions to the moderators:

Does me not appealing against a judgement against my daughter by the ECO show to the UKBA that I am ok with their decision and make subsequent applications weaker and prone to rejection?

No it does not make it any weaker if you do not appeal. The decision is made on what evidence you supply to prove that you are complying with the regulations

Does going with a fresh application show to the UKBA that I am sincere in my efforts of relocating to the UK to the point where I did not want to wait and waste time with the appeal process?

Yes in my opinion it shows that you want to sort matter out urgently, so you can go and live as a family in the UK

Important: Does the time to lodge an appeal start from the stamp on the passport or the date when the passport was collected?

It starts from the time you are given the refusal notice and passport back by Fedex. Its 28 days from then.

My advise would be for you to come to the UK and get yourself proper accommodation and then call your family over after you. You are taking a big risk by doing what you have said above. ( Point No 2)

Thank you.