ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with a PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

orgone

Travelling with a PSW visa

Post by orgone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello. I recently received my PSW visa and I travelled to India last week. I'm still here and would be travelling to glasgow on 15th March. Is there something I should expect at border control? should I carry some documents or medical details or anything like that? Because when i entred the uk for the first time as a student, i was asked to show my chest x-ray and stuff like that. I would really appreciate ur comments.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:31 pm

well keep your application documents handy. get accommodation papers sorted as well. and practice your answer to the question in case immigration officer asks "what is the purpose of your visit"

do you have any job currently. keep employment papers handy as well

regards

orgone

Post by orgone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm working as a bartender in a pub for the time being but I'm expecting an offer letter for a PhD programme very soon. So how do you think I should answer that question?
Also, I have bank statements from the end of december (the one that i used for the visa application) that show my address.
and i also have a staff card. Would that be fine?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:22 pm

you are 99% fine there.

But there is a possibility that you might come across a complete douche who questions you relentlessly at immigration.

one question that they sort of ask is what subject did you study and how come your current job is not relevant to it?

tell them about your phd thingie. Also, tell them its a temporary job and you are going to be looking for better job etc. and thats why you were given psw in the first place.

hope its smooth sailing for you upon arrival.

keep us updated.

regards.