ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total Cost of British Citizenship and Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

scorpionlion
Newly Registered

Total Cost of British Citizenship and Passport

Post by scorpionlion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi,
I will apply for citizenship after 6 years of residency (5 on work permit + 1 on ILR), along with my partner who lived in UK for 3 years (2 on dependent visa + 1 on ILR).

I want to know can we make a joint application? and what would be the total cost (an options) till we get our British passports (Including NCS, ceremony cost, passport application etc.)

Thanks in advance for your answers

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:43 pm

The fee for naturalisation includes the cost of ceremony as well.

Check Applying for your first adult passport for more details.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Total Cost of British Citizenship and Passport

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 pm

scorpionlion wrote:Hi,
I will apply for citizenship after 6 years of residency (5 on work permit + 1 on ILR), along with my partner who lived in UK for 3 years (2 on dependent visa + 1 on ILR).

I want to know can we make a joint application? and what would be the total cost (an options) till we get our British passports (Including NCS, ceremony cost, passport application etc.)

Thanks in advance for your answers
your partner is not yet eligible for naturalisation. needs to spend 5years in UK unless if married to a British citizen. So can only make a single application and the sooner you make it the better cause the fees are going up next month. Once you are approved and attend the citizenship ceremony then your partner will then be able to apply

Current Fees

New Fees

You need to add ceremony fee to the 'new fees' (currently £80). for NCS you need to contact your local or preferred NCS office to find the exact amount, it could set you back at least £50 but can be less

scorpionlion
Newly Registered

Post by scorpionlion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am

thanks f2k for the clarification