ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am now confused...please help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hope2010
Newly Registered

I am now confused...please help.

Post by hope2010 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Good afternoon Everyone,

We are planning to apply in person in 2 months time, I'm getting all my papers ready e.g. WP letter, payslips, marriage certificate, bank statements etc. This is getting me really confused, the nursing home that I'm working with since I came in June 2005 was sold to a big company 3 years ago. Now,
-in my WP the name of my employer is the name of the nursing home
-in my letter of employment ( NHome letterhead) there is a small print on the bottom says " A member of the xxxx Group."
-in my payslips, there is a code for the NHome, next to it is the employer's name which is the company's name
- in my bank statements, money is received from the company
- in my 3x P60's, employer name is the company.

Who's my employer now? Do I need to produce any special letter apart from the documents required in the form? Am I gonna be in trouble?
I am confused..please help..Thank you very much..

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Hiya,
If the emplyer is taken over by another Company then the Employer should inform the Home Office so that they can update their record.
This could be problem but if you can get letter from employer that earlier employer is now operating with different name might help .

Deep..

hope2010
Newly Registered

Post by hope2010 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Deep4ILR wrote:Hiya,
If the emplyer is taken over by another Company then the Employer should inform the Home Office so that they can update their record.

Deep..
I did tell them about informing BIA way back 2007. I've got a reply from them saying they will investigate. I didn't hear anything after that.
But, they managed to renew my colleague's work permit in 2008, they are now applying for ILR through post. And if they have informed the Home Office, how would I find out that their record is updated? Can I get a confirmation letter from the company? I'm very lost at the moment..