ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DUE ...URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michl
Newly Registered

ILR DUE ...URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Post by michl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 pm

HI GUYS

CAME ACROSS THIS SITE THROUGH A FRIEND AND BROWSED THE TOPICS FOR INFO REALLY A GREAT FORUM FOR ALL THE INFO IN ONE PLACE

GUESS SHOULD HAVE BN HERE BEFORE....,

BUT I GUESS NOT TOO LATE

I WUNDER IF ANY ONE CAN GV A QUICK AND GOOD SOLUTION TO THIS

I AM APPLYING FOR PR ON 27TH MARCH UNDER 5 YRS WP CATEGORY AND I AM NOT CLEAR ABOUT BENEFITS

I V BN AVAILING CHILD BENEFITS WITHOUT BEING AWARE THAT I CANNOT...I REALISE THIS AS A SERIOUS MISTAKE AND WANT TO PAY IT BACK

BUT I DUNNO WAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MY ILR APPLICATION

CAN U PLEASE ADVICE AS TO WAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

LOOKING FORWARD FOR SOME INVALUABLE INFO GUYS

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:19 pm

hello,

I am not sure if you can avail Child Benefits if you are on Work permit category.
what benefits are you availing if you don't mind telling ?

Deep..

joh118

Re: ILR DUE ...URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Post by joh118 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

michl wrote:HI GUYS

CAME ACROSS THIS SITE THROUGH A FRIEND AND BROWSED THE TOPICS FOR INFO REALLY A GREAT FORUM FOR ALL THE INFO IN ONE PLACE

GUESS SHOULD HAVE BN HERE BEFORE....,

BUT I GUESS NOT TOO LATE

I WUNDER IF ANY ONE CAN GV A QUICK AND GOOD SOLUTION TO THIS

I AM APPLYING FOR PR ON 27TH MARCH UNDER 5 YRS WP CATEGORY AND I AM NOT CLEAR ABOUT BENEFITS

I V BN AVAILING CHILD BENEFITS WITHOUT BEING AWARE THAT I CANNOT...I REALISE THIS AS A SERIOUS MISTAKE AND WANT TO PAY IT BACK

BUT I DUNNO WAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MY ILR APPLICATION

CAN U PLEASE ADVICE AS TO WAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

LOOKING FORWARD FOR SOME INVALUABLE INFO GUYS
Yeah, you have some SERIOUS SERIOUS problems! You application will almost definatly be refused and be told to go home and apply.

In the first place, HOW DID YOU get access to Public Funds? Surely it says clearly "No recourse to Public Funds" on your visa, right?

HOWEVER there are SOME exceptions. you should read this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cfunds.pdf

If your home country has a social security agreement with the EU or UK, you may be eligible for certain benefits. If you are from Turkey, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia or San Marino, you may be eligible for the following funds.
• Child tax credit
• Child benefit
• Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
• Income support
• A social fund payment
• Housing benefit
• Council tax benefit

If you are from Barbados, Canada, Israel, Mauritius, New Zealand, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro or the
former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, you may be eligible for the following benefits:
• Child benefit
• A social fund payment
• Attendance allowance
• Severe disablement allowance
• Carer’s allowance
• Disability living allowance

If that doesn't apply to you, then I suggest you talk to a Lawyer ASAP!

michl
Newly Registered

Post by michl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm

hi josh118 and deep4ilr,

thanks for your reply guys

gr8 help .....what do i do with the application now since im not from the countries listed by you and it says no recourse to PF....

CAN I SOMEHOW PAY IT BACK AND APPLY FOR ILR OR SHALL I NOT APPLY INCASE THAT IT GETS REFUSED

ITS A 1000 BUCKS

APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE ONCE AGAIN

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi,

You will not be able to avail them i think if you are not in these countries.
They would check yur eligibilty before granting any fund.
R u confusing something else with public funds ? or which child benefits u availing ??

sorry i am trying to understand thats why many questions..

michl
Newly Registered

Post by michl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

ITS CHILD BENEFIT AND CHILD TAX CREDIT THANKS DEEP FOR HELPING OUT

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi,

I would advice you to contact local Citzenship and advice bureau and they will be able to guide you to the right direction. They even can give advice you on your ILR application.

Going to solicitor will cost you fotune..

Good luck..

Deep..

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

The CAB very rarely able to give reliable advice on immigration matters, including whether benefits can be claimed or not. I would seek the urgent advice of an OISC registered Immigration Advisor. It may well save you a great deal of money and distress in the long term.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

To what i know you need to contact the DWP and explain them the situation (you availed this benefit) in error and wish to pay them back. Once the money is paid back they will issue you with a NOC and then you can apply for ILR. Make sure you mention this to the case worker as well as on the coverletter.

Though circumstance may vary from person to person but i know some one who got T1 visa as they returned all the money claimed in error.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:02 pm

[quote="Casa"]The CAB very rarely able to give reliable advice on immigration matters, including whether benefits can be claimed or not. I would seek the urgent advice of an OISC registered Immigration Advisor. It may well save you a great deal of money and distress in the long term.[/te]

Totally agree, I went to the CAB for immigration advice and it was incorrect and caused me a lot of grief

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 am

Even the DWP are unreliable regarding advice on benefits for anyone under Immigration control....hence the frequent errors in payments being made without entitlement.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 am

michl, you do not give us enough information. What is your nationality? The nationality of your spouse? Also, if either of you worked in another country, apart from that of your nationality, before coming to the UK, please give details.
John

nikki9920
Newly Registered

Post by nikki9920 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Casa wrote:Even the DWP are unreliable regarding advice on benefits for anyone under Immigration control....hence the frequent errors in payments being made without entitlement.
Hi Casa,

I agree with you.... also add HMRC to list as well... totally can not trust them with their advice 100%....

Regards

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:43 pm

follow the advice as below. I've also seen such conversation way back in this/tier 1 forum and it would work.
nksg wrote:To what i know you need to contact the DWP and explain them the situation (you availed this benefit) in error and wish to pay them back. Once the money is paid back they will issue you with a NOC and then you can apply for ILR. Make sure you mention this to the case worker as well as on the coverletter.

Though circumstance may vary from person to person but i know some one who got T1 visa as they returned all the money claimed in error.