ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sadz
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa

Post by sadz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi! I wanted to ask what is the procedure of applying for a spouse visa? What it is, I got married in November 09, and now back and want to apply to call my husband over in london. I wanted to know how many paylips would I need to prove that I am in work and that I can support us both?

Also I am pregnant so would that help towards the visa?

Another question I wanted to ask was that, I am not working at the moment but I am looking for work, I'm not on benefit but if I applied would that go against the visa procedure? Would I be able to apply with just being on benefit and not working? As I have savings in my bank account which is enough to show that I can support him when he comes here then after he is here he can work to support us.

Please help as I am very confused and stressed as I want my husband here with me asap!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for spouse visa

Post by ElenaW » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 pm

sadz wrote: I wanted to know how many paylips would I need to prove that I am in work and that I can support us both?
3-6 months worth.
Also I am pregnant so would that help towards the visa?
No

You need to have 100.95/week left over after rent and council tax. You can get this figure through savings but your application would be stronger if you had a job.
I tell it like it is.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

Read my article here . It will give you a good idea of what is required for the spouse visa

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:42 am

If you are entitled to benefits then if you are applying for benefits it will not be a hindrance to the visa being issued

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 am

If you are entitled to benefits then if you are applying for benefits it will not be a hindrance to the visa being issued
However your chances of being refused are a lot higher than if you were not claiming benefits and instead working and showing that you can support your hubby if an when he eventually comes here :roll:

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 am

batleykhan wrote:
However your chances of being refused are a lot higher than if you were not claiming benefits and instead working and showing that you can support your hubby if an when he eventually comes here :roll:
I would agree but my wife was given a spousal visa and I have claimed benefits for many years but we have been married for a long time.
Each case is decided on its own merits and my income was much less than the £100.95 stated.
In fact I was getting £64.30 a week

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 am

I would agree but my wife was given a spousal visa and I have claimed benefits for many years but we have been married for a long time.
Each case is decided on its own merits and my income was much less than the £100.95 stated.
Probally was a long time ago, but not not anymore.

It was the same for me . I wasnt working, I didnt have a house and not a penny in savings but my wife still got visa.................... but it was in 1982 :D :lol:

Mochyn

Just one personal question, how come you are posting when you have been banned?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Probally was a long time ago, but not not anymore.

It was the same for me . I wasnt working, I didnt have a house and not a penny in savings but my wife still got visa.................... but it was in 1982 :D :lol:

Mochyn

Just one personal question, how come you are posting when you have been banned?
This was 2008 not too long ago and everybody and I mean everybody told me it could not happen

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

As for being banned, nobody issued me with a warning, I am not aware that I have done anything to warrant being banned.I have questioned the ban but nobody amongst the moderators have contacted me.
As for the postings, I still would like to contribute to this site as long as I am able.
Maybe Batleykhan you can tell me why banned appears next to my name?

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Hello

Why have u banned mochyn?
For me he thinks like a HO officer . I think we need to have both sides. we need some one who calls a spade a spade. I would like him to stay and contribute to finding the flaw in cases cos the HO will not let you off lightly.

Hope he will stay

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi
bbbb wrote:Hello

Why have u banned mochyn?
For me he thinks like a HO officer . I think we need to have both sides. we need some one who calls a spade a spade. I would like him to stay and contribute to finding the flaw in cases cos the HO will not let you off lightly.

Hope he will stay

Wow what a logic to stay.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am

Mochyn is still with us.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

Casa wrote:Mochyn is still with us.
Good! :) Was a bit sad when I thought he was no more. :(

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Rozen wrote:
Casa wrote:Mochyn is still with us.
Good! :) Was a bit sad when I thought he was no more. :(

So be happy now. :D

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member