ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 from 6th APRIL 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

New Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 from 6th APRIL 2010

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 pm

New rules are published today by homeoffice .

This is going to be enforced from 6th april2010

link is here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -t2-and-ir

and statement policy....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -of-policy

All the best guys...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: New Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 from 6th APRIL 2010

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:New rules are published today by homeoffice .

link is here

and statement policy....

All the best guys...
Seems like they have accepted all the recommendations made by MAC

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:New rules are published today by homeoffice .

link is here

and statement policy....

All the best guys...
Seems like they have accepted all the recommendations made by MAC

Yes 99%

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

tier 1 requires minimum earnings of 25k !!!!!

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 pm

arsenal49 wrote:tier 1 requires minimum earnings of 25k !!!!!
That's absolutely brilliant for me. Looks like I should be able to travel on the Tier 1 visa, and I'll apply right on the 6th April 2010.

The key point for me is that they are NOT change the multipliers for the time being. So whatever the multiplier your country had prior, you get to keep, for the time being.

In my opinion, this makes it alot easier to get the Tier 1, since they relaxed the education requirement rules.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

GeneNZ wrote: In my opinion, this makes it alot easier to get the Tier 1, since they relaxed the education requirement rules.
A 29 year old or younger person having a bachelors degree should earn a minimum of around 47k INR per month (assuming £=75). If 30-34yrs old then he/she should be earning around 65k INR per month to qualify. In my opinion qualifying for tier 1 has become more difficult for applicants from countries like India etc, even though the education requirement has been lowered.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
GeneNZ wrote: In my opinion, this makes it alot easier to get the Tier 1, since they relaxed the education requirement rules.
A 29 year old or younger person having a bachelors degree should earn a minimum of around 47k INR per month (assuming £=75). If 30-34yrs old then he/she should be earning around 65k INR per month to qualify. In my opinion qualifying for tier 1 has become more difficult for applicants from countries like India etc, even though the education requirement has been lowered.
This is completely true, depending on which country you earned your money. In New Zealand, we have a multiplier of 2.3, and I know that there is a feeling of smugness about this because we should really have a lower multiplier compared to similar countries in the same band.

So in NZ at least, I think its opened more doors than closed.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:24 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
i agree with aruni ...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:41 pm

At least they haven't made any changes for people already on HSMP or Tier 1 i.e. applicants making an extension application under those two categories.
Goodluck.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:47 pm

[iD] wrote:At least they haven't made any changes for people already on HSMP or Tier 1 i.e. applicants making an extension application under those two categories.
Yeah that's a consolation. I am glad they have made it clear that the new rules doesn't affect those who are already on HSMP and Tier 1. Remember the last time, when people went crazy not knowing if the new rules apply to them or not. :x

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:50 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
[iD] wrote:At least they haven't made any changes for people already on HSMP or Tier 1 i.e. applicants making an extension application under those two categories.
Yeah that's a consolation. I am glad they have made it clear that the new rules doesn't affect those who are already on HSMP and Tier 1. Remember the last time, when people went crazy not knowing if the new rules apply to them or not. :x
true , hope they dont change rules for PR now.....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
true , hope they dont change rules for PR now.....
Fingers crossed......

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:14 pm

GeneNZ wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
This is completely true, depending on which country you earned your money. In New Zealand, we have a multiplier of 2.3, and I know that there is a feeling of smugness about this because we should really have a lower multiplier compared to similar countries in the same band.

So in NZ at least, I think its opened more doors than closed.
Yes the NZ multiplier is very generous, considering Australia doesn't get one at all, and there is not a massive difference in wages between the countries.

I would expect NZ's to be changed in the upcoming review.

When I applied for Tier 1, you could get the max points for salary on around $NZ40k, which is not much at all.

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi Guys,

This may sound foolish but is it possible to use my UK salary and then apply from India using indian multiplier?

I am asking this as I am in UK on dependant Visa and my spouse is not sure if she will be able to get the extension due to job loss.

Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:Hi Guys,

This may sound foolish but is it possible to use my UK salary and then apply from India using indian multiplier?

I am asking this as I am in UK on dependant Visa and my spouse is not sure if she will be able to get the extension due to job loss.

Thanks.
No you cant use multiplier for earnings made in UK.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

Thanks.
lol we'd all be on £100 - £120k a year :P

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 pm

true , hope they dont change rules for PR now.....[/quote]

Fingers crossed......[/quote]

I think they will change PR rules in July 2011...

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Tier 1 (General) Visa on 23rd Feb 2010 in VFS delhi and still waiting for the outcome. The new rules announced does not affect me and my PBS points will remain same in new rules too (because of points increased due to age).

I want to ask that If I get the visa then will it be for 2 year or 3 year initially?

I have noted that they will stamp the visa from the day of approval but in the application I have mentioned my travel date as 15th May 2010. So in case if I get the visa from end March 2010 then can I request them to change it to 15th May 2010 (I have read in this forum that many people have already requested BHC for it and got success in it)

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:05 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply aruni4470.

I have another not so intelligent query here.

My age is 29 Years and 9 Months.

Which band will Iqualify for '29 or under' or '30 to 34'.

I am just being Cautious here.

Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm

noor1034 wrote:true , hope they dont change rules for PR now.....
Fingers crossed......[/quote]

I think they will change PR rules in July 2011...[/quote]

By saying 'hope they dont change rules for PR' we (atleast me) was referring to the qualifying period which was changed from 4yrs to 5yrs.

inukdreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by inukdreamtier1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi ,

I have a very diffrent situation with this .. Happy to see that many are going to get advantage of this new change (with bachelor degree back) , I am in a difficult situation though .. As of today I can claim 80 points with the current Tier 1 law ( Masters - 35 , Age - 5 , Earnings -40 - Total 80 ) , from Apr 6th it is going to be ( Masters - 35 , Age - 10 , Earnings -20 Total -65 ) , so I cant say it is a welcome change to me (:

I was not plannig to move to Tier 1 immediately ( I am on Tier 2 intra company transfer in London now) ..Luckily I can show 3 months Maintanence fund and all other requirements now , so I can apply for Tier 1 before 06th Apr.. Could any one clarify the below questions

1) Most importantly , any application before 06 th Apr from now (till 05th Apr) are with the present Tier 1 requirements ?

2) Any idea how many years of visa they may give (as current proposal will give only 2 years visa for initial applications )

3) Is National Insurance mandatory for applying Tier 1 ?

4) I believe ICFN is not required (going thru many threads here ) if I dont have one - could you please confirm

4) If the application is by post , can you confirm the date of application is the date of postage and the visa requirements remain the same as of now , even they are processing after 06th

Also, any suggestions from any experienced guys on best approach I should take as I am end up with less than 3 weeks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi,

I have applied for Tier 1 (General) Visa on 23rd Feb 2010 in VFS delhi and still waiting for the outcome. The new rules announced does not affect me and my PBS points will remain same in new rules too (because of points increased due to age).

I want to ask that If I get the visa then will it be for 2 year or 3 year initially?
3 years according to the present rules and your application will considered according to the present rules
I have noted that they will stamp the visa from the day of approval but in the application I have mentioned my travel date as 15th May 2010. So in case if I get the visa from end March 2010 then can I request them to change it to 15th May 2010 (I have read in this forum that many people have already requested BHC for it and got success in it) Yes

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:13 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply aruni4470.

I have another not so intelligent query here.

My age is 29 Years and 9 Months.

Which band will Iqualify for '29 or under' or '30 to 34'.

I am just being Cautious here.

Thanks.
You should consider your age on the date you are applying.

If you are 29 yrs and 9 months on the date of your application, you are considered to be 29yrs old. So, it would be 29 and under.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:21 pm

inukdreamtier1 wrote:Hi ,

I have a very diffrent situation with this .. Happy to see that many are going to get advantage of this new change (with bachelor degree back) , I am in a difficult situation though .. As of today I can claim 80 points with the current Tier 1 law ( Masters - 35 , Age - 5 , Earnings -40 - Total 80 ) , from Apr 6th it is going to be ( Masters - 35 , Age - 10 , Earnings -20 Total -65 ) , so I cant say it is a welcome change to me (:

I was not plannig to move to Tier 1 immediately ( I am on Tier 2 intra company transfer in London now) ..Luckily I can show 3 months Maintanence fund and all other requirements now , so I can apply for Tier 1 before 06th Apr.. Could any one clarify the below questions

1) Most importantly , any application before 06 th Apr from now (till 05th Apr) are with the present Tier 1 requirements ? Yes

2) Any idea how many years of visa they may give (as current proposal will give only 2 years visa for initial applications ) Will get 3 yrs as you will be making an application when the present rules apply.

3) Is National Insurance mandatory for applying Tier 1 ? Dont think so.

4) I believe ICFN is not required (going thru many threads here ) if I dont have one - could you please confirm Not necessary

4) If the application is by post , can you confirm the date of application is the date of postage and the visa requirements remain the same as of now , even they are processing after 06th The date of postage will be considered as the date of application if sent by royal mail, if sent by courier then the date the application reaches HO will be the date of application

Also, any suggestions from any experienced guys on best approach I should take as I am end up with less than 3 weeks If you meet the requirements now, then apply as soon as possible. Make sure you read the policy guidance and understand all the documents necessary. If in doubt post back and there are a lot of people ready to help!!

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
noor1034 wrote:true , hope they dont change rules for PR now.....
Fingers crossed......
I think they will change PR rules in July 2011...[/quote]

By saying 'hope they dont change rules for PR' we (atleast me) was referring to the qualifying period which was changed from 4yrs to 5yrs.[/quote]

Oh I see. Let's wait and see when they will implement new immigration law. There are really few details available.