ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of SP30 on Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Effect of SP30 on Naturalisation

Post by Midlands2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:13 am

I was convicted by the COURT in May 2007 (3 Points on UK Driving Licence + £150 Fine (£60 for COURT COSTS WERE CHARGED).
Please note the date of offence was in August 2006 for exceeding speed on 40 mile speed limit road. - i.e. DVLA offcen code SP30

I acquired my ILR before couple of months (January 2010) by declaring this without any problems.

Now I wish to apply for Naturalization before end of December 2010. I do not have any further convictions and am fully economically active throughout the last 5 years

DVLA advised me on the phone its a minor offence and would be spent in 4 years from date of offence. is that correct?
Could someone advise me if this would have any implications on my naturalisation application.

Thanks!

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 am

Two issues the way I see it ...
1) Traffic offence - the 3 points resulted from this offence on your driving licence will be cleared in 4 years.
2) Conviction in court - will be spent in 5 years which can be tricky for naturalisation.

Regards

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Many thanks for the prompt response.

When its said, tricky-- is there any rule of thumb that one cannot get naturalisation even for such a minor offence as it was convicted in court??

I welcome more comments from other members as well please !

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 pm

176 views and only one reply.... !! not fair gurus..come on please help

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Midlands2010 wrote:176 views and only one reply.... !! not fair gurus..come on please help
I don't think that you will get any advise on your issue. Not seen many cases that one naturalised successfully with conviction. Because the traffic offence was taken very serious on the naturalisation application from 2008. It is just 2 years, that's why you can't find answer for your question. As per guide, single unspent conviction (regulatory and speeding issue) can be ignored if you are qualified in all other aspects. Probably you should be fine and it is again upto the case worker who will be handling your application.

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Many thanks Senthil

Just got a similar answer from Telford NCS. depends on the caseworker !! :D

karimkabir
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application

Post by karimkabir » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 am

Hi,

Did you applied, what was the result? I am in a similar situation.

Thanks

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Dear All,

Apologies for the delay ( extreme !)

However due to my personal circumstances i would be applying for naturalisation by end of March and will let you know the outcome as soon as i get the result.

I understand that lot of ppl would be in a similarly frustrating situation where they have got minor traffic convictions from court only due to possessing international/foriegn license at the time of this minor offence.

Regards,

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 pm

I don't think it should be a problem as Booklet AN for Naturalization clearly states that a single conviction for a minor offence that results in a relatively small fine would normally be disregarded. Speeding was clearly mentioned as a minor offence.

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 pm

lanr3e wrote:I don't think it should be a problem as Booklet AN for Naturalization clearly states that a single conviction for a minor offence that results in a relatively small fine would normally be disregarded. Speeding was clearly mentioned as a minor offence.
Hope the caseworker reflects your thoughts my friend bcos i am going to apply in 3rd week of march, no matter what. its been over 9 years of legal stay and cant wait any more..lol

geriatrix

Re: Effect of SP30 on Naturalisation

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Midlands2010 wrote:I was convicted by the COURT in May 2007 (3 Points on UK Driving Licence + £150 Fine (£60 for COURT COSTS WERE CHARGED).
See Annex D: The good character requirement, (page 29 onwards, in particular).

regards

ilrseeker
Newly Registered

Post by ilrseeker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Guys,
what are the benefits of getting a basic CRB done upfront and attach the certificate with the application ?

https://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/di ... _Instr.htm

Has anyone done it here and does it strengthen a traffic offence included BC application?

Many thanks
ilrseeker

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

ilrseeker wrote:Guys,
what are the benefits of getting a basic CRB done upfront and attach the certificate with the application ?
IMHO none
you are paying for something your case worker will have access to (and for more things than basic CRB covers) and doesn't need

Enhanced CRB means something and if you happen to have a such it doesn't harm to enclose. But people are usually getting CRB on the expense of their employers.

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Re: Effect of SP30 on Naturalisation

Post by Midlands2010 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Midlands2010 wrote:I was convicted by the COURT in May 2007 (3 Points on UK Driving Licence + £150 Fine (£60 for COURT COSTS WERE CHARGED).
See Annex D: The good character requirement, (page 29 onwards, in particular).

regards
Are you trying to make a point about 5 years rehabilitation period from the date of offence for fines when you say page 29 on wards, in particular)?
can you please elaborate? I have booked an appointment with NCS in 3rd week of MArch.
Thanks in advance

kaoschapter2
Newly Registered

SP30!!!

Post by kaoschapter2 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:32 pm

we are in the same boat my friend, please let me know how this turned out for you as i sent my application on 24/02/11 and i had a court fine of £180 imposed and 6 points for a SP30. rang HO prior to application and the said it depends on who is looking at your case file so im hoping that i catch someone on a good day! PRAYING EVERY MINUTE

Midlands2010
Newly Registered

Post by Midlands2010 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 am

Kaoschaper,

wish u gud luck.. However let us know the outcome of your application once you had any news...

as i m sure there are lots of ppl in similar situation.

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:06 am

I wish to confirm that i had my apprioval despite an SP30 conviction:

It should be mentioned that i had a conviction - SP 30 due to a speeding fine on an international licence which was referred to court.

To God be the glory.

Tonytee

surajban

Post by surajban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 pm

tonytee wrote:I wish to confirm that i had my apprioval despite an SP30 conviction:

It should be mentioned that i had a conviction - SP 30 due to a speeding fine on an international licence which was referred to court.

To God be the glory.

Tonytee
Hi, Did you mention in you application about your conviction.

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 am

I mentioned it in my application and the approval was dated exactly 14 days after I posted it. The guidelines states that minor traffic offences will be ignored and they seem to follow it.

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:04 pm

tonytee wrote:I mentioned it in my application and the approval was dated exactly 14 days after I posted it. The guidelines states that minor traffic offences will be ignored and they seem to follow it.
Thanks for your reply.

kaoschapter2
Newly Registered

in the post...

Post by kaoschapter2 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

phoned (24/3/11) yesterday and they said the sent the decission in the post on the 22/3/11.... 2nd class delivery. i had 6points and £180 fine in court for a SP30 which i declared. went to the NCS on 24/02/11. it has taken a month to get the decission through. Mr Postman im waiting on!!! fingers crossed, i will let you all know the outcome.

kaoschapter2
Newly Registered

Post by kaoschapter2 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:46 pm

just to let you all know the post man came and the post man delivered! im happy to say that my application has been accepted!!!! just have to arrange the ceremony part. hope everyone that has applied good luck.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Congratulations!!! Well done! I am sure you will have a great weekend!!

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 pm

kaoschapter2 wrote:just to let you all know the post man came and the post man delivered! im happy to say that my application has been accepted!!!! just have to arrange the ceremony part. hope everyone that has applied good luck.
Congrats! - I don't have any court conviction but I do have 3 points on my licence and have received £60 fixed penalty, which I mentioned on my application.

However, I also received parking fines during that time... i have not mentioned this on my application... I did not appeal and I paid straight away. I could have appealed as I had paid for the parking permit to me council...they just did not send it to me and I left a temp note on my car stating waiting for the parking permit....

Hopefully these parking fines (2) will not appear on my record... if they do - hopefully they will count it as a minor offence...

But I am worried because that means I have three minor offence within 1 month! (December 2009!)

Apart from couple of parking fines and 1 fixed penalty for jumping red light I am all clean!

I don't believe in God but I am praying all goes well! Desperate times call for desperate measures...

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Parking fines are NOT convictions, feel free to appeal those and refuse to pay if you feel you are right! You would go to the Adjudicator and likely to win the case. It is NOT something which affects naturalisation at all!!! The traffic wardens are not police and council is not a court! it's a civil dispute. You should only worry about speeding tickets and penalty points mate. So, just don't speed anymore and with parking fines, well, fight it mate, no affect on your naturalisation.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-a ... age_id=512

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/

I don't remember when I last paid my ticket as I always appeal within reason and they cancel the ticket, or when I threaten to go all the way to adjudicator and give sound reasons, they withdraw!!! If you have a good reason (which you obviously did, you must have been on the system and if the date of your payment for parking permit precedes the parking fines, appeal those even if you paid, and threaten to go to adudicator!)

VSAndroid wrote:
kaoschapter2 wrote:just to let you all know the post man came and the post man delivered! im happy to say that my application has been accepted!!!! just have to arrange the ceremony part. hope everyone that has applied good luck.
Congrats! - I don't have any court conviction but I do have 3 points on my licence and have received £60 fixed penalty, which I mentioned on my application.

However, I also received parking fines during that time... i have not mentioned this on my application... I did not appeal and I paid straight away. I could have appealed as I had paid for the parking permit to me council...they just did not send it to me and I left a temp note on my car stating waiting for the parking permit....

Hopefully these parking fines (2) will not appear on my record... if they do - hopefully they will count it as a minor offence...

But I am worried because that means I have three minor offence within 1 month! (December 2009!)

Apart from couple of parking fines and 1 fixed penalty for jumping red light I am all clean!

I don't believe in God but I am praying all goes well! Desperate times call for desperate measures...