ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fee increasing on 6-april-2010

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fawzyyy3

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 am

hi,
can i know what it the deferent between Settlemenet & settlement -Dependent relative?

on 6-april-2010 fees will be deferent for Settlemenet & settlement -Dependent relative. and which catogery does spouse (husband forginer & wife is UK citizen living together outside of uk and married more than 4 years) will follow?

please check below url for new fees

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-03- ... ae5a1c5529

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 am

fawzyyy3 wrote

hi,
can i know what it the deferent between Settlemenet & settlement -Dependent relative?
Let us first understand what settled means in immigration terms - 'Settled' means being allowed to live in the UK lawfully, with no time limit on your stay.

So settlement is an adjective in this case qualifying a Visa, so we can say 'settlement visa', which means the visa that will allow somebody to live in the UK lawfully, with no time limit on your stay.

Settlement - dependent visa is a visa given to relative of someone already setlled in the UK to and live lawfully, with no time limit on your stay.

Recall this type of visa is usually applied from abroad.

on 6-april-2010 fees will be deferent for Settlemenet & settlement -Dependent relative. and which catogery does spouse (husband forginer & wife is UK citizen living together outside of uk and married more than 4 years) will follow?

I am assuming you know that this is not a Point Based System (PBS) application. If so, you may have to follow the route of Settlement - dependent relative.

See here

I hope this will help!

fawzyyy3

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 am

so which catogery husband who married to uk wife and stayed abroad together more than 4 years and now wants to settle inside uk?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:02 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote
so which catogery husband who married to uk wife and stayed abroad together more than 4 years and now wants to settle inside uk?
Please read this portion of UKBA site for people coming to the UK as wife or husband married to a UK citizen, it will help:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/

fawzyyy3

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

hi,
plz check this new fee and let me know which catogory i am following:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation-fees

thanks

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:22 pm

hi i have asked this question alot of time but nobody has answered im eligible to apply for ilr i was applying before 6th of april but now im planning to do it after 6th.im on hsmp i have got 2 dependants over 18 i was told that i wll have to fill 3 diffrent set O form and pay 1020 each for one day service but now theres a new category on the new fees table that is dependant relative so do i have to pay 1980 for my dependants now?? please help

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 pm

I think this was addressed by me earlier. The dependent relative settlement fee does not apply to spouse or children , it is for other relatives.
You will have to have your child apply on a separate set (o) form( for child >18 ) and pay same same fee as yours,if applying at a PEO and taking a separate appointment, which has gone up slightly from 6/04. If you want you can use postal application for dependents(whose status follows yours if you are covered by HSMP JR) which is cheaper.
Best Regards