ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE OF EU-PR CARD RECEIVED WRONG STAMP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mimi2010
Newly Registered

SPOUSE OF EU-PR CARD RECEIVED WRONG STAMP?

Post by Mimi2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 am

Hi,

I am Lebanese and husband is greek. Applied for eea4 (permanent residence as spouse of eu national). I have received my ''Residence documentation'' but it doesn't mention that I am a spouse of an EEA/EU National. This is causing a problem because it means I will have to apply for a schengen visa each time I want to visit a schengen country since it doesnt' literally say ''spouse of eu national''.
Do you think they have just put the wrong stamp?.Type of document on passport just says Permanent Residence Card.

Would appreciate your responses.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am

I think that's how it should be, see also http://everydaylifestyle.files.wordpres ... /04/pr.jpg . It is not relevant anymore that you are the spouse of an EEA national because you got PR in your own right. The Directive 2004/38/EC grants visa free travel in Article 5.2 for residence card holders issued as per Article 10. As I see it that would not cover a PR card. I'm afraid there is a certain logic in that...

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Mimi2010
congrats on your PR. I do not think its a mistake.

When did you apply, and how long did it take untill you got your PR?

Also did they ask for any additional documents?