ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Queries on Tier 1 - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Some Queries on Tier 1 - Please help

Post by T1G_Aspire » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi,

Would request seniors advice on my below questions.

1. I have an old passport (containing a very old photo of mine and damaged to an extent) which I renewed and replaced with a new passport last year. Should I send both passports for Tier 1 G application or just new one will do?

2. For maintenance of funds, is it OK to send original ICICI bank statements (consolidated 3 month hard copy document obtained from bank thru post) ?. Should I also get these original statements stamped and signed by (ICICI) bank?.

3. For proof of earnings (along with attested payslips), is it OK to send original HDFC bank statements (consolidated 12 months hard copy document obtained from bank thru post) ?. Should I also get the original statements stamped and signed by bank?.

4. I see many cover letters templates in the forum- sometimes one for each document section. I would like to know what is the best practice - to have one single cover letter talking about each of our documents or to have multiple cover letters (for different section)?

Please advice. Thanks

vks

Re: Some Queries on Tier 1 - Please help

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm

T1G_Aspire wrote:Hi,

Would request seniors advice on my below questions.

1. I have an old passport (containing a very old photo of mine and damaged to an extent) which I renewed and replaced with a new passport last year. Should I send both passports for Tier 1 G application or just new one will do?

Yes, to be on safe side. (Also I remember they ask for all the passports, if I am not wrong, I don't want to mis-guide though)

2. For maintenance of funds, is it OK to send original ICICI bank statements (consolidated 3 month hard copy document obtained from bank thru post) ?. Should I also get these original statements stamped and signed by (ICICI) bank?.

If the statement is original with official letter head of the bank, then no need of stamp and signature

3. For proof of earnings (along with attested payslips), is it OK to send original HDFC bank statements (consolidated 12 months hard copy document obtained from bank thru post) ?. Should I also get the original statements stamped and signed by bank?.

The answer is same as above for question no.2.

4. I see many cover letters templates in the forum- sometimes one for each document section. I would like to know what is the best practice - to have one single cover letter talking about each of our documents or to have multiple cover letters (for different section)?

It is entirely personal preference. Which way do you think that you are able to explain well, that is your choice!

Please advice. Thanks
Regards,
vks

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Post by T1G_Aspire » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks vks for the responses. Appreciate it!