ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Missing Original workpermit letter - Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akraju
Newly Registered

ILR - Missing Original workpermit letter - Help

Post by akraju » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 am

Hi,

I am applying for ILR in next month. Have completed 5years
WP + HSMP+Tier1. I have all 4 years P60 and current year payslips and bank statement and employer letter.
Is it must to submitt original work permit letter?
I don't have orginal Work permit letter, but I do have copy of workpermit letter.
I am litle bit worry please do let me know is this suffice or is there any other way.

Thanks,
AK

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am

hi,

Even I am in the same situation, I had to give back the WP letter when I changed employment to the old employer. But I have a copy of this work permit which I have notarised before handing over the original. I am going for ILR tomorrow will let you know how it goes. I am planning to provide a covering letter for this. Hopefully this should be OK.

Any one had this situation, please guide...

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 am

Hi,

you don't need a original of Work permit .

Work permit letter states that a copy if this should be given to employee so if you have copy of it that should suffice..

Hope this helps.!!
Technically they will have all your information in their database thats what the computers are for :)

Deep..

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm

yes I agree with deep, they don't actually need the originals of WP or other approvals. They can access all info on their system, the reason they request those documents is just for ready/handy reference...as it's quicker and easier for them that way :)

I had one original wp and one copy and the caseworker didn't have any problem with that.

good luck!

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

thanks deep/vinseh for clarifying....one point pricking the mind has gone..