ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by newJoiner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi,
Mu=y husband is about to apply for his EEA2. I am EEA, he is not. He is working, I'm claiming self sufficient.
Everything is pretty much clear by now apart from the requirement for Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. What do they mean by that? What should my policy include? Inpatient+Outpatient? Any annual limits for cover? And what about Excess charges?
Does anybody have any experience with approved applications?

Thanks very much.

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:30 am

Hi there newJoiner

I'm bit confused about that requirement on Comprehensive Sickness Insurance
I'm about to apply EEA2 don't want to miss anything
My Wife is working part time Me ex student still get support from family

Plz any advice ll be appreciated

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 am

Also a part time worker is a worker and shouldn't need separate sickness insurance under EEA regulations (or HO's interpretation of them).

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Asking again...

Post by newJoiner » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:22 am

My question still stands - What should my policy include? Inpatient+Outpatient? Any annual limits for cover? And what about Excess charges?

Any input - Much appreciated!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 am

You really have to spend some time searching and reading on this forum. This question pops up here quite frequently, search for keywords like 'comprehensive AND sickness AND insurance OR private OR medical'.

adolma999
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by adolma999 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 am

newJoiner wrote:Hi,
Mu=y husband is about to apply for his EEA2. I am EEA, he is not. He is working, I'm claiming self sufficient.
Everything is pretty much clear by now apart from the requirement for Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. What do they mean by that? What should my policy include? Inpatient+Outpatient? Any annual limits for cover? And what about Excess charges?

Thanks very much.
My application hasnt been approved yet but it passed the very initial assessment and I got my COA

Most importantly, whatever document you are providing it needs to cover everyone in your application, and yes thats for sure as your application will be sent back to you if you provide cover for only the self sufficient person. Secondly they say comprehensive, but no company in UK will cover you for emergency or for pre-existing conditions. They will tell you its comprensive and ask them to write this down for you in the policy and then they will cover you for in-patient and out-patient as well as consultations unlimited. Thats what i did and I dont know if the HO will approve my application or not.

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Thank You!

Post by newJoiner » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 am

I'll do the same.

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:28 am

@adolma999

As u ve gone through the process of finding suitable insurance cover

Can u plz suggest some

Thanks

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 am

leoo wrote:@adolma999

As u ve gone through the process of finding suitable insurance cover

Can u plz suggest some

Thanks
I have contacted both AXA health insurance and AVIVA, both have policies for about 35-40 pounds / month. I called them up and given info over the phone and got my policy a week later.
Hope that helps

albertwigs
Newly Registered

Post by albertwigs » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:23 am

If you got a CoA your application won't be turned around; houstoncreed's was turned around INSTEAD of being processed to the stage where a CoA is issued.Your EEA family permit expiring means nothing; as long as your partner/spouse is exercising Treaty Rights, you are legally in the UK, regardless of what your passport says.I like post very much as it contain superb information regarding the EEA routine applications.