ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australia ??

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Simples
Newly Registered

Australia ??

Post by Simples » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi,

My family friend who is an indian national is on a student visa here in the uk.

he wants to go to australia, but is unsure if he should go to australia as a visitor and when he's there and then apply for student visa

or

should he apply for student visa in australia to do a degree from the uk? he knows he needs to get the college confirmation that he has been accepted.

has anyone had experience of this.

thank you

vanessagarcia1
Newly Registered

Post by vanessagarcia1 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:24 am

As per the my opinion he have to apply from India because his nationality is Indian so it's easy for him . He can register through college website for accepts admission process .I accommodate to secure admission on g8 colleges .

DaisyG12
Newly Registered

Post by DaisyG12 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:00 pm

I am totally agree with vanessagarcia1 that your friend should apply from India for a student visa to Australia. May be, the immigration authorities can make alterations to his student visa from UK to Australia with certain essential formalities.

chris123
- thin ice -

Post by chris123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 pm

He can go Australia from Uk there is no issue at all i tell you he will get good job over there because Australia was territory of Queen till 1997.So he will get preference in getting job but try to apply from India.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 pm

chris123 wrote:He can go Australia from Uk there is no issue at all i tell you he will get good job over there because Australia was territory of Queen till 1997.So he will get preference in getting job but try to apply from India.
It is still territory of HM here. When did Australia left Commonwealth?

jhonydeep3305
Newly Registered

Post by jhonydeep3305 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I think he want to try for student visa because for he have already student visa in U.K, So this is plus point for your friend and also benefit for aus. visa file.