ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Croydon PEO today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Deep4ILR

ILR success at Croydon PEO today

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi all,
Firstly thanks everyone in this forum for their help and suggestions..

I had successfull application today at croydon office.
Category : work permit + Tier 2 ( worked for 3 diff employers)

There was delay of 2 hours in number being called..
documents:
*SET(O) form
* Employer letter
* Life in UK
* Form p45 for 2 prev employers.
* only one P60 for 2nd employer which she requested as additional document
* 3 pay slips
* 3 bank statements

Firstly she asked me if i have form P60 for first two years to check the continuity. I did not have Form p60 from my first employer but i had letter stating the dates i have worked with them.

Then she asked me start date of 2nd employer and if there is document i have to prove it.I had Form p60 and scanned through both P60 and P45 togther and said it looks valid now.

She asked me that it will take hour and half to complete your application and suggested if i wanna go out .

Got back and she said that application is succesfully and they will print it and can be collected from customer help desk..

I have noted it they are very strictly checking to see if the continuity is broken for any reason..

If anyone does not have P60 i suggest employer letter with dates on it thats what i did to cover myself..

I gave a covering letter too showing the dates i am claiming my residency for and table which refers to all stamps on passport to calculate absence...

Now you can shoot ur questions if u have any, i will try to answer if i could..

Cheers,
Deep

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

hey congratulations :)) freedom at last!!!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Congratulations mate.

I assume you must have used the new form?
Under Immigration History - what did you put down as the date of first entry in the UK, unless you were here only on WP if not as a student before your 5 year clock...

Thank you

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:40 pm

yes used new form.
first date of my entry into UK though it was not the start of my residency period so in my covering letter i mentioned that i am claiming residency from this date to date.
She told me that your covering letter is very clear and she can easily understand what i trying to acehive with that letter..

Good luck..
Deep..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm

thank you deep for your reply and sorry to nag with questions -

So I gather that you put down your first date of entry into UK and then your absence where from the first date you entered or absence date pertaining to your application?

Thank you again..

z18runway

Re: ILR success at Croydon PEO today

Post by z18runway » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Deep4ILR wrote:Hi all,
Firstly thanks everyone in this forum for their help and suggestions..

I had successfull application today at croydon office.
Category : work permit + Tier 2 ( worked for 3 diff employers)

There was delay of 2 hours in number being called..
documents:
*SET(O) form
* Employer letter
* Life in UK
* Form p45 for 2 prev employers.
* only one P60 for 2nd employer which she requested as additional document
* 3 pay slips
* 3 bank statements

Firstly she asked me if i have form P60 for first two years to check the continuity. I did not have Form p60 from my first employer but i had letter stating the dates i have worked with them.

Then she asked me start date of 2nd employer and if there is document i have to prove it.I had Form p60 and scanned through both P60 and P45 togther and said it looks valid now.

She asked me that it will take hour and half to complete your application and suggested if i wanna go out .

Got back and she said that application is succesfully and they will print it and can be collected from customer help desk..

I have noted it they are very strictly checking to see if the continuity is broken for any reason..

If anyone does not have P60 i suggest employer letter with dates on it thats what i did to cover myself..

I gave a covering letter too showing the dates i am claiming my residency for and table which refers to all stamps on passport to calculate absence...

Now you can shoot ur questions if u have any, i will try to answer if i could..

Cheers,
Deep
getting ILR from workpermit is easy without hassle, and getting ILR from 10 years is hard. anyway congratulations

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 am

Hi z18runway,
You say this repeatedly in some recent posts!

I can assure you nothing is easy. One has to provide very meticulous documentation to succeed, all of the people here have worked really hard to get through.
Best regards

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Congrats Deep.

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 am

@1664,

Yes my absence period also started from first date of entry inot UK not for the period i was claiming my Residency...

Deep..

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:18 am

@z18runway,

You got into my nervous by saying that.

If you are on in 10 year category and you feel its hassle its your problem not others so stop posting such comments on other people post otherwise i am gonna report this to Admin ..

Try to be happy with other happiness and you will get some..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 am

Thank you deep.

Will eneter my dates too from initial entry date..

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 am

Deep4ILR wrote: She told me that your covering letter is very clear and she can easily understand what i trying to acehive with that letter..
Congrats Deep... Would you mind sharing your cover letter format? May be someone in Admin can stick it in for everyone's use... We all can use the same format going forward and with no time the format will become very familiar to PEO staff around the UK :-)

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 am

congrats Deep !
Now time to celebrate your success !

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

Hi shs213,

its not one of the best letter in terms of english but here it is and admin is free to use it as Sticker for this forum if he like to..

you would notice that table in the letter unformatted now..dunno how to format it here..

Date : DD/MM/YYYY
UK Border Agency

[b]Subject : Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain[/b]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am hereby applying for [b]Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR)[/b] in [b]United Kingdom[/b]. Enclosed is the SET(O)Form and supporting documents for my application. The five year period, for which I am claiming residency, runs from [b]DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY[/b].

For the ease of application, below I have drawn table for all my UK absences and their reference stamps on my old Passport or new Passport

[b]Date Left the UK Date returned to the UK Reason for absence Reference stamp leaving the UK Reference stamp returning the UK[/b]

DD/ MM/YYYY DD/ MM/YYYY Business Old/ New passport page X Old/ New passport page X

Yours Faithfully,

Name
Residence address

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

Thank you Deep..

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

Deep4ILR wrote:Hi shs213,

its not one of the best letter in terms of english but here it is and admin is free to use it as Sticker for this forum if he like to..

you would notice that table in the letter unformatted now..dunno how to format it here..
Cheers - I've saved this in my ILR folder in My docs - will be going in with my application in June!!