ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa truble

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahi
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa truble

Post by rahi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi to every one on this forum once again I find this fourm very helpful with helping people with their immigration problems.

Recently I went back to my country and I got married and know my problems is to call her over here in uk currently my situation is

I have Indefinite leave to remain
I have savings of £15000 into my account
I have full time job which gives me roghly £ 800 every month after tax

Here is the bit where I am confuse I am worrking for resturant what happens some time when they are not busy they cut some hours mostly I get about between 30 to 35 hrs but some time 40hrs as well will it be problem another good point is that I am working for same employer for 10years continously I can proof my savings easily and also until I apply Possibly I will have about another 3000 to 4000 pounds saved. This is my financial situation now accomudation and mantinance

At moment I am renting single room but when i want to apply for her I want to Rent

One bedroom flat which will cost about £550 Per MONt
Council tax will be £100 Per month
Electric and gass
water bill
telephone

Say if i pay 50 pound permonth for all uitility bills then it will just about £100 left for mantinance which will be not enough and then we will have to use our savings please any advice much appreciated thank you.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:35 pm

If you have savings of £15000 in your account,I doubt it very unlikely that they will refuse your spouse a visa.Remember the minimum for a couple in UK to live on is about £105 per week.

Now if you didnt have those savings then I would say your chances would be slim, but your savings in my opinion will just carry you over.

Also dont worry about the number of hrs you work.As long as you have employment,accommodation and a little bit of savings because its these whats count.

In your appplication give a breakdown of your incoming and outgoing expenses to give the ECO an idea of your finanacial circumstances..

Good luck

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm

You only need to include rent, council tax and any loan repayments in your calculation for the minimum amount left per week. As Batleykhan as advised, your savings will strengthen the application.

kam007
Newly Registered

Post by kam007 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I think Rahi was meant to say £1500 isn't it? coz further down he says it'll take my savings upto 3000 or 4000. ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

He seems to be saying that he will have an additional £3000-£4000.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm

another 3000 to 4000 pounds saved.
upto 3000 or 4000. ?
I think there is a slight difference between "another" and "upto" :wink:

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm

It depends how those savings were come by, being a full time international student for the past 10 years. The OP can't have much evidence of full time work over the past 6 months. The source of the funds may have to be shown out of £150 pcm after rent & council tax.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Am I missing something? I can't see any reference to being a student.
The OP says he's been continuously employed by the same employer for 10 years.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Casa wrote:Am I missing something? I can't see any reference to being a student.
The OP says he's been continuously employed by the same employer for 10 years.
Casa dont worry, you are not going awol, I was thinking the same about above post as well :wink:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Whew! Thanks Batleykhan...had me worried for a moment there! :shock:

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

rahi earlier this year wrote:hi to every on My situation is that I was student in uk over the Past 10 years and i applied ILR on the basis of long residency uk and i successfully got my ILR in september 2009. Although I had student visa valid untill january 2010 and I obtain my ILR in september 2009 and Last year of my ten years I didnot do very well with my course although my attandance was 95 % but I failed my course and unversity excluded me from the course because of poor progress and that was about 3 weeks before I applied ILR. Now college is saying that they going to tell home office about me that they have excluded me from the course. I am worried about new rules I am going on holiday and wondering if I will safe to come or will have some problem

Thank you
Okay, past 12 months earnings not 6, but what about a P60...........

Edited to include this link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#341182

rahi
Newly Registered

Post by rahi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Thank you all of your replies

Guys i was international student and i got ILR about 8 month ago since then I am working full time and pay only £160 per month and thats it bucause i work in resturant i eat there so there is no much expense for me AT THE MOMENT axcept rent. so like that i can save some money
when i was student I use to work Part time and full time during vocation I can proof that with payslips.

it was confusion in the post weather i have £15000 or not Yes I have and I am planning to save some more between 3000 to 4000 Pounds before I put my case through
some one said about P60 will I have to send P60 as well

Please giude me through I am still confuse what is the best option for me or how can i Organise my case so she donot get rejected.

another question it is possibe to rent double room or studio flat it may be cheap option for accomodation Proof. I will appreciate your discussion thank you all of you.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:55 am

Well i dont know weather i should post it or not as it is a bit off the topic but i have a huge doubt that how did you manage to save 15000 pounds even though you were enrolled at the university and had been studying in the UK for the last 10 years??? :shock:

Did you pay any full international student fee to all of those so called universities or colleges in you have been enrolled during all of this time?

How did you manage to pay your UNI or college fee during all of this time?as working part time or even full time during vocations cant get you this much money in savings for an International student????

well i dont think so as most of the international students in the Uk just get all of the required letters from asian colleges for merely few hundred quids for their visas extensions and this is what almost 70-80% students(indo sub-continent) have been and currently doing in the UK and this dilemma is causing
refusals for teh genuine people and rising oppostion in the general public for the immediate immigration halt as such large number of permanent stays for the people who dont deserve them(specially students) are being granted!!!!

Normally a student could finish a degree program in a period of three years or supposed to finish in an extra year so there is no point to give them extensions after the expiry of thier current student leave or unless they are "Genuine".
Strict immigration checks must be in place to investigate the extensions when the orginal leave for the course expires and people ask to stay longer as it is more likey that the person is looking to stay rather completing studies.students are supposed to complete their courses in the given period of time if they are genuine well i assume so!!

A full fledge,rigorous and a thorough investigation or rather immigration inquiry could cause large number of people being sent home and ILRs revoked as most of them have been acquired by fraudlent means or situation or circumstances were not realistic as they were shown in applications!!!
:shock:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am

rahi wrote:Thank you all of your replies

Guys i was international student and i got ILR about 8 month ago since then I am working full time and pay only £160 per month and thats it bucause i work in resturant i eat there so there is no much expense for me AT THE MOMENT axcept rent. so like that i can save some money
when i was student I use to work Part time and full time during vocation I can proof that with payslips.

it was confusion in the post weather i have £15000 or not Yes I have and I am planning to save some more between 3000 to 4000 Pounds before I put my case through
some one said about P60 will I have to send P60 as well

Please giude me through I am still confuse what is the best option for me or how can i Organise my case so she donot get rejected.

another question it is possibe to rent double room or studio flat it may be cheap option for accomodation Proof. I will appreciate your discussion thank you all of you.
Rahi

You are confusing everyone with your comments or not fully disclosing your true facts. Unless you do this and answer some of the questions asked by other posters posted here, you are not going to get any help from anyone.

For example in your above post you have said
I am working full time and pay only £160 per month
What do you mean by this. Are you getting paid this a month or should it be £1600 per months.

PLEASE WRITE YOUR FULL PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES CLEARLY AND CORRECTLY IF YOU WANT HELP, OTHERWISE PLEASE DONT WASTE PEOPLE TIME WITH HALF TRUTHS AND IMPORTANT BITS OF INFO MISSSING :x :x

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

So I'm no longer due the boggle eyes then!

To the original poster, you have alot of money spare, but a very low paid job which by your own account was often part time anyway. I think you will have to explain where the money came from, and where this extra £4k will come from because your sums do not add up. Even if you eat every meal of the week in the restaurant I reckon it will take until the Olympics for you save another £4k from your wages.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am

PaperPusher wrote:Even if you eat every meal of the week in the restaurant I reckon it will take until the Olympics for you save another £4k from your wages.
:lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am

The boggle eyes were for me. :wink:

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Casa wrote:The boggle eyes were for me. :wink:

Are you saying Batleykhan is making eyes at you Casa? :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

No, No, No. Poor Batleykhan. it was ME who posted the boggle eyes...I was confused! Not unusual! :shock: