ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent over 18

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sumi
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent over 18

Post by Sumi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:22 pm

My husband is applying for ILR, based on a 5 year work permit, with me as his dependent. We have a son aged 20 who is a fulltime student, and who has been here since the age of 5 (we came under a student visa initially). We want to do it personally (if of course we can get an appointment). He has at present a dependent's visa, as I do, and is completely dependent on us financially. Can he apply at the same time as us at one of the Immigration Offices? With Set F forms? Like someone else said on this forum, it seems a bit Catch 22. And is Set F really the correct form, since it seems to apply to people abroad (all those questions about type of housing etc.). My son has no family other than us, and no home outside the UK. Is it really possible to have him given ILR at the same time as we submit our own application?

Any advice would be thankfully received.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:57 pm

He can apply at the same time as you but will need a separate form. You can call to make the appointment and find out whether you need to make two appointments for the same day or just one joint appointment for everyone you can also confirm what form he needs at the same time.
'In everything give thanks'

Sumi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for dependent over 18

Post by Sumi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you for your answer. It's a relief.

But, it seems that my son, being over 18, would need to use Set F, but it says on the site that SET F over 18 people can't apply personally! And the telephone for booking seems constantly busy!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm

This is a bit tricky.
Please note the following:
1. SET F, over 18 yrs, do not get a in person appointment
2.He will need to use SET O form to apply if you want an in person appointment, he will use SET F only after your husband gets ILR. This is the best option for you. If he cannot apply with your husband, then he will need to use SET F forms by post.
The SET O form is filled exactly in the way your husband fills it.
3. You need to get family slot for yourself and husband and another one for him on the same day.
I am assuming your husband is using SET O forms.

If you have been here for 15 yrs, you can apply in 10 yr category as well..

Anyway, you need to show your son's dependence on your husband, confirm where he lives and what he does + his birth certficate + his bank statements.

Best regards