ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

citizen1000

UK passport application

Post by citizen1000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi everyone.
I will be applying for British Passport soon ( at the moment waiting for naturalisation certificate to come back from Home office because the place of birth was spelled wrong & i have sent it back to them).
with regards to the passport application i have some questions & wonder those who applied for passports could help me.
1) I have 3 passports from my Original country, two of them cancelled & one of them Valid with my ILR. In section 3 of the application there is space for 3 passports numbers, do i write all the three or just write the latest passport number & send that one with application?
2) Very embarissing But I dont know the Date of Marriage of my Mum, although i know just the year. My mum also does not remember it. What should i put in section 4 . will it cause any problem?
3) Section 5 Place of issue of the naturalisation certificate . is it London Home office or My council where i had my ceremony?
4)Section7 ; why blank ? do we write anything here?
5)Section 8 : I have written my grand parents details on a seprate sheet, But again i dont know their Date of Births & date of Marriage so what should i do?

Many thanks

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 pm

1. You need only to fill in details for and send your current uncancelled passport
2. Give as much details as you know and put "unknown" for those you don't know, parents and grandparents details are not critical for your application as you will have a naturalisation certificate that proves your citizenship, it is more important for persons who are British by birth.
3. Home office London is acceptable
5. same as 2 above
'In everything give thanks'

seldonbilly
Newly Registered

Post by seldonbilly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am

As I believe it: As long as you are named on the Thai birth certificate, then your daughter can take your nationality. If you need to get her a UK passport, then you will first need to register the birth at the embassy.Just wondering if to send my daughters application off before 2nd June straight to them to save the $50. Reckon that will work...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:19 pm

seldonbilly wrote:As I believe it: As long as you are named on the Thai birth certificate, then your daughter can take your nationality. If you need to get her a UK passport, then you will first need to register the birth at the embassy.Just wondering if to send my daughters application off before 2nd June straight to them to save the $50. Reckon that will work...
Your story seems to start in the middle which may lead to you getting in correct advice. Maybe you can provide more details e.g where and when was your daughter born? Was this before ILR, after ILR but before naturalisation or after naturalisation?