ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 and EEA4 - Bank statements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pisipatu
Newly Registered

EEA3 and EEA4 - Bank statements

Post by pisipatu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:33 pm

As part of the EEA3 and 4 applications, they ask people to sent bank statements in order to prove you have resided in the country. My problem is that I have not asked my bank to send me monthly paper copies, but I can see all of them online. Does anyone know if HO accepts if I just print out statements myself from my internet bank or do they need that I ask my bank to send me all 5 years statements now? The bank said it would cost me £200 to get them do it.

vadimvin

Re: EEA3 and EEA4 - Bank statements

Post by vadimvin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:43 pm

pisipatu wrote:As part of the EEA3 and 4 applications, they ask people to sent bank statements in order to prove you have resided in the country. My problem is that I have not asked my bank to send me monthly paper copies, but I can see all of them online. Does anyone know if HO accepts if I just print out statements myself from my internet bank or do they need that I ask my bank to send me all 5 years statements now? The bank said it would cost me £200 to get them do it.
Originalas only needed, not from the internet printed

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 pm

The question is either the EEA national was working / studying or self sufficient for the duration of time you are concerned. If the eea national was working then P60`s, wage slips , proof of tax ,NI would be ok.
But if eea national was self sufficient then you need to send the bank statements for that period of time or any other evidence like the employment details of spouse if dependent on him/her.

If you want to provide proof of the co habitation during 5 years, you can send old council tax bills, utility bills, mortgage documents, tenancy agreement(if in both`s name).

It is not always necessary to send bank statements for the duration of last 5 years . It depends on how eea national was exercising his/ her rights.

Please see this http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... /guide-eea
Regards

mamag
Newly Registered

Post by mamag » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 pm

I sent my EEA 4 application to HO and HO returned it by stating that I needed to proof that I had resided in the UK in the last 5 years with my husband , what I did was I went into my bank and they printed out duplicate copies of my bank statements from 2004 till present free of charge

I also e-mail my utility provider and less than 5 days they sent me copies of my bills from 2004 till present . free of charge

I have sent both of these documents to HO in the last 8 days just waiting for HO to send me COA

pisipatu wrote:As part of the EEA3 and 4 applications, they ask people to sent bank statements in order to prove you have resided in the country. My problem is that I have not asked my bank to send me monthly paper copies, but I can see all of them online. Does anyone know if HO accepts if I just print out statements myself from my internet bank or do they need that I ask my bank to send me all 5 years statements now? The bank said it would cost me £200 to get them do it.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

You are not required to have received your bank statements in the post. If you got them electronically, then you could either print them off, or (mostly likely) burn them onto a CD and submit that with your application.

In fact, you are only required to prove that you have lived in the Uk in that period. If you did not have a bank account (or did not want to share banking information with the home office), you could also prove it in lots of different ways.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Why don't you print them and ask the bank to attest it..even some of the banks print them for you in the branch ...