ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Problems getting FD letter from ICICI Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

URGENT - Problems getting FD letter from ICICI Bank

Post by abhishek-m » Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi Folks,

I am facing problems in getting a FD certificate letter from bank.. They have a standard worded Fixed Deposit certificate which they can give. They are not ready to add a line to it saying that the funds can be encashed immediately/(at any time) on request of the account holder.

Moreover, they are not ready to say that the amount in FD was not below certain amount in last 3 months. Their FD certificate will show FD opening account, Current amount, date of opening and maturity date.

Pls let me know if anyone has obtained a FD letter from ICICI bank to show maintainence funds.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT - Problems getting FD letter from ICICI Bank

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 pm

abhishek-m wrote:Hi Folks,

I am facing problems in getting a FD certificate letter from bank.. They have a standard worded Fixed Deposit certificate which they can give. They are not ready to add a line to it saying that the funds can be encashed immediately/(at any time) on request of the account holder.

Moreover, they are not ready to say that the amount in FD was not below certain amount in last 3 months. Their FD certificate will show FD opening account, Current amount, date of opening and maturity date.

Pls let me know if anyone has obtained a FD letter from ICICI bank to show maintainence funds.

THEY CHARGE AND GIVE

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek-m » Mon May 03, 2010 1:53 pm

I asked that too.
They are not willing to give anything other than their standard set of letters :(

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

abhishek-m wrote:I asked that too.
They are not willing to give anything other than their standard set of letters :(
U SHOW HO GUIDELEINES MAY icici uk employees knows this requirements as some r on t1

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek-m » Mon May 03, 2010 5:37 pm

I am applying from outside UK (from India) and these guys are not ready to do anything...
Looking for folks who managed to get FD letter from ICICI India.

Trojon
Newly Registered

Post by Trojon » Fri May 07, 2010 7:43 pm

abhishek-m wrote:I am applying from outside UK (from India) and these guys are not ready to do anything...
Looking for folks who managed to get FD letter from ICICI India.
go to some other branch and plead

PRadeep Itnal

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Wed May 12, 2010 8:46 am

CAUTION:
Please just dont take FD letter it has to contain certain things like.

First and farmost. below words should be reflected
Amount can be liquifiable or encashed immediately.
Account holder is maintaining RS XXXXXXXX INR amount with us from XX - XX -XXXX date (start date ), and amount has not gone below RS. XXXXXXXX from past 3 months.

Second thing
put a small table. and create columns for below mentioned things and ask bank guys to fill it up.
1.Fixed deposit number 2.Amount 3.Start Date 4.Maturity Date
5.Savings account Number (if ur Fd is associated to ur savings acc number)

above details need to be mentioned on FD letter that you take from Bank

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek-m » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:27 pm

As Trojon mentioned - go to other branch and plead.. thts what had worked for me... i tried multiple branches and one of them gave it.. phew.