ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for Sweden/Denmark

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tiny
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for Sweden/Denmark

Post by Tiny » Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 am

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I'm a non-EEA citizen (Kenyan), married to an EEA citizen (Swedish). At the moment I've got a Family Permit (expiring 21st July). We're planning a short trip to Sweden next month and as I haven't got a Residence Card yet (which, according to the Swedish Embassy website would allow me visa-free travel) I need a Schengen visa.

No problem with this so far... EXCEPT according to the Swedish embassy, my visa will NOT be free of charge as I'm married to a Swedish citizen :? Coupled with a trip to the embassy in London and the VFS 'processing' fee (£25 or thereabouts) this trip is already turning out to be pretty expensive!

So I got to thinking... Our plan is to get a cheap EasyJet flight from Manchester to Copenhagen then get the bus to Gothenburg. Would there be any problem with applying for the Schengen visa from the Danish embassy (free!) seeing as we'd be entering and leaving Schengen in Copenhagen? After all, there'd be no indication that we'd even been in Sweden. Or is this really frowned upon - considering that most of our time will be spent in Sweden?

Thanks everyone, and sorry that this wasn't such a quick question! :D

Tiny

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Anyone know if that'll be ok?

Thanks,

Tiny

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 pm

It definitely would be frowned on, but I would guess don't ask, don't tell...