ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer in the uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missy4real
Newly Registered

overstayer in the uk

Post by missy4real » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi there, i came to the uk at the age of 14 with my dad who worked as a diplomat back in 1999, after doing his diplomatic work, he was posted bak home in 2001, but i stayed behind. I am 25yrs now and i've resided in the uk continously for 11years and i was wondering what the next step is in order to legalise my stay.

Kindly get bak to me with as mmuch info as possible please.
Thanx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 am

Think your only hope would be 14 year rule but I imagine the Tories will scrap that, day one, Number 10!

AIUI time under diplomatic rules doesn't count as 10 year legal stay so your only other option might be Art 8 claim but it's a long ardous path and again, no sympathetic ear from the Tories..

EDIT - looked at ur previous posts which totally contradict this one, can you stick to one story please.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Tories or not, it will almost be impossible for her to make a successfull application under article 8. Article 8 applications always fail, except in a very few limited cases. If she has family ie husband, children ect then the situation will be different.