ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on visa required for partners entry to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kafka3
Newly Registered

Advice on visa required for partners entry to the UK

Post by kafka3 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm

I dont know where to start with any of this so bear with me... I am a British female, my partner is Egyptian male.
I live and work full time in the UK, he is born in Luxor and lives and works in Sharm for his brothers business.
He has never visited the UK, nor does he currently have a passport and im constantly back and forth whenever i can. I am under the impression that he would rather me move out there with him, as he believes it would be impossible for him to get a visa. I on the other hand i would prefer him to be with me in the UK at least until i can get the finances behind me to move out there.
He has expressed that if he was to come to the UK, he would like to work also.
We are happy to marry and looking at all options. Just need some advice on the best way to get him over to the UK with me.
Is it easier if we marry in egypt, then apply for a spouse visa? I am happy to support and fund him whilst he is in the UK, should he not find any work.
Can anyone tell me the procedures?

Thanks! xx

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 am

After marriage, he may apply for a spouse visa, subject to the Maintenance & Accommodation requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:14 am

vinny wrote:After marriage, he may apply for a spouse visa, subject to the Maintenance & Accommodation requirements.
Or before marriage he could apply for a fiancee visa. You would need to get married in the UK within 6 months of the visa being granted and then apply for FLR. Though with this route he would not be able to work until he was granted FLR where if you got married in Egypt and applied for a spouse visa he could work straightaway.