ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document got to court 4days instead of 5days due to weekend

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

4real

Document got to court 4days instead of 5days due to weekend

Post by 4real » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

Please could anyone help me understand what could happen if my appeal got to court and HO one day less than the normal five period. could the court and HO understand there is weekend saturday and sunday in between, which could delay the document be delivered until monday.

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm

What do mean by one day less? If it is within the days given that is good enough.Normally it is worked as working days i.e from Monday to Friday excluding bank holiday.If you are in doubt send the appeal by fax and keep the delivery report as evidence of meeting the deadline or write a letter to explain the delay.

4real

Thanks Mate

Post by 4real » Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Trouble the problem is that I have sent it since friday day but because the following day is saturday and the court will not be open which could have make it the five day required. Due to the saturday is going to be 4 days instead of the normal five required for submition. Trouble, can that be a problem ? or could they understand there is saturday & sunday in between the required submition day.

677ano

Re: Thanks Mate

Post by 677ano » Sat May 15, 2010 8:01 pm

4real wrote:Trouble the problem is that I have sent it since friday day but because the following day is saturday and the court will not be open which could have make it the five day required. Due to the saturday is going to be 4 days instead of the normal five required for submition. Trouble, can that be a problem ? or could they understand there is saturday & sunday in between the required submition day.
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays are not counted as working days
we can all change our stars

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Saturdays and Sundays are not counted as working days.You will be fine so dont worry.Normally if HO provided you with the appeal form it will tell you the deadline so check that on your appeal form.If you downloaded one from the website then you have work the five days from the day you rececived your refusal letter taking into the account the working days i.e Mon-Fri excluding bank holidays.