ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Immigration Rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NewILR
Newly Registered

New Immigration Rules

Post by NewILR » Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 am

I am completed 5 years of stay in UK but stayed out of country for more than 180 days.

I could not find the releavant section in Immigration law (updated 7th April) stating that the applications will be refused if the applicant has stayed more than 90 days / 180 days.

Could you please let me know if I am eligible to apply for ILR under the new/changed immigration rules.

joh118

Re: New Immigration Rules

Post by joh118 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

NewILR wrote:I am completed 5 years of stay in UK but stayed out of country for more than 180 days.

I could not find the releavant section in Immigration law (updated 7th April) stating that the applications will be refused if the applicant has stayed more than 90 days / 180 days.

Could you please let me know if I am eligible to apply for ILR under the new/changed immigration rules.
have a look here

It really depends on the reasons behind your absence in the UK. If it was for work reasons, then providing you have proof, you will be exempted.

NewILR
Newly Registered

Post by NewILR » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

I was on a business trip but paid in Indian salary.

The instructions are dated to Dec 2006 but not available in the updated home office site. So confused whether 180 days clause is still applicable??

NewILR
Newly Registered

Post by NewILR » Tue May 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Please ignore. I could find it..

sojan

Re: New Immigration Rules

Post by sojan » Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 am

joh118 wrote:
have a look here

It really depends on the reasons behind your absence in the UK. If it was for work reasons, then providing you have proof, you will be exempted.
Thanks for the document m8.
This says, "short absences abroad, for example for holidays (consistent with annual paid leave)" won't be counted in 180days?!! which is different from the norm provided in other threads in this forum..

But is Salary slip a valid proof to show that it was a paid holiday?
In case a separate letter is reqd, can you guys please provide a template which can be taken from Office Human resources team to say these are paid holidays?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm

You will be asked only if your absences exceed approx 180 days , give and take few.
You could ask our HR to certify your AL but in any case this will not exceed 6 wks/yr, even if you spend all of it abroad.
best regards