ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about my fiancee visa application....opinions?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AndeeJ
Newly Registered

Worried about my fiancee visa application....opinions?

Post by AndeeJ » Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 am

Hello all,

I'm awaiting the results of my UK fiancee visa application, and after reading lots of posts on this board about the process over the last couple of days, I'm getting worried that my fiance and I might not have provided enough evidence of our relationship/wedding plans.

Would love to get some second opinions as I'm starting to go crazy worrying that I'll be refused. Can anyone help?

Here's what we included for relationship evidence:
- Photos of us together over the last five years
- Plane ticket receipts (and stamps in passports) showing my visits to see him in the UK, and his visits to see me in Canada
- Bus ticket receipt with both our names from his last trip to see me in Canada
- Plane ticket receipts with both our names on them from joint vacations
- Screenshot of my Gmail account showing a list of all our most recent IM chats and emails (daily), with both our names and email addresses shown clearly.
- Screenshot of his email account showing a list of emails and chats from a bit further back, with our names showing clearly.
- Letter from his parents offering backup accommodation and stating I've been a guest in their home many times
- I also lived in the UK previously on a work permit, and my fiance has lived in Canada, so hopefully they'll be able to deduce that we've spent enough time with each other in person to have formed a genuine relationship.

However, we didn't provide any evidence of wedding plans as we're planning on a low key registry office ceremony with no reception. (I simply stated on the application that we plan to marry at a registry office soon after my arrival.) I also don't have an engagement ring yet to show proof of.

We did provide strong proof of financial security, suitable accommodation and the fact that I should have no problem finding work in the UK. So I'm hoping the fact that we're strong in these areas will make up for the lack of wedding planning proof??

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! (I've been doing my best to trawl through the forum but I'm new so apologies if something like this has been covered extensively before.)

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 am

As I've said on this forum a few times when my wife (then my fiancee..) applied which admittedly was a few years back we had no wedding plans either. The only mention was in my sponsor's letter when I said we were planning to get married in 'May' which was a few months later.

In my opinion a refusal on lack of wedding plans would be very harsh, as you have 6 months to plan and arrange your wedding, most couples arrange their wedding together which is difficult to do when you are not in the same country, you can't make a final booking with the registrar until you are both there, and until your visa is granted you don't know when you could get married. I was staying with my wife when she applied and was ready to point these facts out if she was refused, but I had no need to.

AndeeJ
Newly Registered

Post by AndeeJ » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Thanks djb123...I agree it would be harsh. I hope that, if they find my lack of wedding evidence problematic, they'll let me know and give me the opportunity to provide some rather than just outright refusing me. I'm sure they'd be reasonable and give me that opportunity...it's hard not to be paranoid though when my life is in their hands!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 pm

AndeeJ wrote:Thanks djb123...I agree it would be harsh. I hope that, if they find my lack of wedding evidence problematic, they'll let me know and give me the opportunity to provide some rather than just outright refusing me. I'm sure they'd be reasonable and give me that opportunity...it's hard not to be paranoid though when my life is in their hands!
I'm sure you'll be ok as you seem to have far more proof of your relationship than a lot of people.