ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

republic of ireland + north ireland plz help me

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badr-amiche

republic of ireland + north ireland plz help me

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 am

hi every body,
i am non EU citizen and my wife is an EU citizen ,i have the EUfam stamp4 valid till next 7 of november , so my irish visa doas not allow me to cross the broad to north ireland because if a part of uk and of course i need visa for uk ,
i and my wife found nice house in north ireland (enniskillen) and we are thinking to buy it ,but we know that i am not allowd to be there without visa ,so my question is that something will change of my statu about uk when we will buy this house ,,will i get a visa to there when will be buy it
please help me because this house is in good price and we dont want to lost it and thanks ,,,

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

no answer :( :( :( :(

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri May 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi badr-amiche.

1. You are entitled to enter Northern Ireland with your EU national spouse if you are both in possession of your passports (or National ID card in the case of your spouse), plus your Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card (or your marriage certificate). You do not need a visa.

2. If your EU national spouse buys a house in Northern Ireland and resides there as a person of self-sufficient means (employed in Ireland), you are entitled to reside there, too. However, this is subject to you both having comprehensive sickness insurance cover.

3. You will be entitled to work in Northern Ireland, but your right to work in Ireland will cease once your EU national spouse ceases to be resident in Ireland.

4. Once resident in Enniskillen you may apply to the UKBA for a "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen", using form EEA2, if you wish to do so (it is recommended). The application is free.

5. Six months after leaving Ireland, your Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card will become invalid.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

badr-amiche

hi ben

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 12:10 pm

about visiting the north ireland with my wife or without my wife it is not pocible because one time the police told us that after asking in belfast immigration office ,
about living in north ireland i am not thinking for that because i dont want to lost my residence in ireland and we are thinking to buy this house just because it cheap and we will rent it later and keep one room for us to be we can say that we are living there
i dont want to lost my irish stamp and i want to get uk stamp ,,,,is that pocible :shock:

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: hi ben

Post by Ben » Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

badr-amiche wrote:about visiting the north ireland with my wife or without my wife it is not pocible because one time the police told us that after asking in belfast immigration office ,
They are wrong.
badr-amiche wrote:about living in north ireland i am not thinking for that because i dont want to lost my residence in ireland and we are thinking to buy this house just because it cheap and we will rent it later and keep one room for us to be we can say that we are living there
i dont want to lost my irish stamp and i want to get uk stamp ,,,,is that pocible :shock:
Could you clarify your intentions please?

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 pm

my intentions is that i want dont want to lost my irish residence card because i now work in republic of ireland and i live in ballyconnell which is very near of north ireland and i want to search for better job in north ireland but i cant because i am not allowd there and another thing is that sometimes i amd my wife want to travel to my country and we always found flight from uk or changing flight in uk or holida start from belfast that s why i am searchnig for something which can let me dont need visa for uk ,,but belive me that i was in uk embassy in dublin and they told my that i cant cross the broad to north bcs its part from uk and i need visa to uk ,,,,,,,,,,,,i hope to understand me

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

If you wish to retain the right to work in Ireland, your spouse must remain resident in Ireland in conformity with the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006, Ireland's transposition of Directive 2004/38/EC.

If you want to work in Northern Ireland, your spouse must be resident in the UK in conformity with The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, the UK's transposition of Directive 2004/38/EC.

You are entitled to enter any part of the UK with your spouse if you are both in possession of your passports (or National ID card in the case of your spouse), plus your Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card (or your marriage certificate). In accordance with § 5(2) of the Directive, you are exempted from the requirement to hold a valid visa for the UK if in possession of a valid "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen" referred to in § 10 of the Directive.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 pm

so what you think about this house ,can i buy it and will get a visa to uk or not

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 pm

badr-amiche wrote:so what you think about this house ,can i buy it and will get a visa to uk or not
Yes, please buy this house and ask the seller to throw in a UK visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 28, 2010 1:07 pm

badr-amiche wrote:so what you think about this house ,can i buy it and will get a visa to uk or not
In a word - No!

Christ....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri May 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Ben wrote:
Yes, please buy this house and ask the seller to throw in a UK visa.
haha Ben, you are a funny man!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

badr-amiche wrote:so what you think about this house
Do your research on the area. There is probably a reason it is cheap.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm

IrishTom wrote:
i think it is cheap because people now need money

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

badr-amiche wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Whats the location?

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 pm

IrishTom wrote:
badr-amiche wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Whats the location?
it is around enniskilen ,but the problem not about the location or the price of this house ,,,i just wanna know if this house can give me the right to get normal visa or not ,,but not independent to my wife because this house will be in our ours name both

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 pm

badr-amiche wrote:but the problem not about the location or the price of this house ,,,i just wanna know if this house can give me the right to get normal visa or not ,,
A house of convenience. I've heard it all now.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri May 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Ben wrote:A house of convenience. I've heard it all now.
Ha ha ha ha ha... U had me in stitches with that for ages :lol: :lol:
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat May 29, 2010 4:09 am

badr-amiche wrote: about visiting the north ireland with my wife or without my wife it is not pocible because one time the police told us that after asking in belfast immigration office
Wrong.

Here is the British Home Office Instruction to their own Immigration Officers.
As a spouse of an EU citizen you have an automatic right of entry to Any EU country. If you can show you are a spouse of an EU citizen.
The British Law and instruction to its Immigration Officers makes this clear.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... dlaw/ecis/
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Chapter 3 Issue of EEA Family Permit wrote: Before an Immigration Officer refuses admission to a non-EEA national under
Regulation 11(2) because s/he does not produce an EEA family permit, the IO must
give the non-EEA national reasonable opportunity to provide by other means proof
that he/she is a family member of an EEA national with a right to accompany that
national or join him/her in the UK.

If the family member is travelling independently of the EEA national and will not be
joining the EEA national in the UK s/he will need to satisfy the normal entry clearance
requirements for third country nationals under the Immigration Rules.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat May 29, 2010 5:27 am

edit/
Last edited by IrishTom on Sun May 30, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat May 29, 2010 5:30 am

Ben wrote:
badr-amiche wrote:but the problem not about the location or the price of this house ,,,i just wanna know if this house can give me the right to get normal visa or not ,,
A house of convenience. I've heard it all now.
Thanks, Ben. I had a good chuckle at that comment. :lol: