ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we send a joint sponsor letter for family visit visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rabey
Newly Registered

Can we send a joint sponsor letter for family visit visa?

Post by rabey » Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi, I am a British Citizen and spouse is a Permanent Resident (ILR) and we both are working. We are planning to invite my father-in-law and mother-in-law to UK.

1) Can we both send a Joint invitation / sponsor letter for their trip? The idea behind sending combined invitation is we wanted to demonstrate a clear financial viability. Some one said in this forum joint sponsoring of visitors is not allowed..

2) My father-in-law is a farmer can don't have much savings in the bank account. Will this influence his visa chances?

Thanks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Joint sponsorship is still not allowed.

Why do you need to have joint sponsorship when in fact you can explain your financial ability in the invitation letter that you are going to send to your inlaws as part of the application.

In there all you need to put is that both you and your wife are working and earning jointly say a sum of £3500 per month, which would be sufficient to pay for the travelling, living and expenses cost of your in laws for the 3-4 months that they are going to be spending in the UK.

With the documents you are going to send, just send letters of employment, wage slip and bank statements etc for both of you. That should suffice. The main breadwinner will be the named sponsor.

I am of the opinion that the ECO is more concerned about your in laws status and current plight rather than that of your ability to show plenty of money in your bank account as proof that you can support them.

The fact that he is a poor farmer with hardly any money in his account , yet he still wants to spend thousand visiting a foreign land. Why?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

batleykhan wrote:Joint sponsorship is still not allowed.
While I do not question batleykhan's knowledge and expertise. I still dont know why joint sponsorship is not allowed as I have many personal experiences of joint sponsorships without any question. My first visa to the UK was sponsored by my cousin and his family, he included his passport page, his wife's passport page, both their payslips, their joint account + his own personal natwest account and tenancy agreement, etc.

My friends brother, who's on ILR invited him to the UK, wrote the sponsorship letter on behalf of his family, included his passport photo page+visa, his wife's UK passport and their 2 year old son's UK passport page. All this evidence are my personal experience and all the visas were given without questions.

Also I believe if the OP planned to sponsor and pay for his father in-law's visit to the UK and can satisfy the ECO in that regard, the ECO would be more looking at his In-law's personal ties to his home country to show he would return, and not ability to pay for his travel, his age can also work on his side, if he's 55 years and above (some unwritten rules used by embassies), because they believe, your likely not to stay back in the UK at that age.

Until proven otherwise, personally I dont see anything wrong in joint sponsorship for visit visas. my browse through the UKVISA pages as well does not say anything about joint sponsorship not being allowed. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nf3sponsor

Thanks and good luck.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 pm

My first visa to the UK was sponsored by my cousin and his family, he included his passport page, his wife's passport page, both their payslips, their joint account + his own personal natwest account and tenancy agreement, etc
This would not be classified as joint sponsorship.The main sponsor was your cousin and he basically included his family details in the application.

This is what I have advised teh OP in teh above post.
In there all you need to put is that both you and your wife are working and earning jointly say a sum of £3500 per month, which would be sufficient to pay for the travelling, living and expenses cost of your in laws for the 3-4 months that they are going to be spending in the UK.
I have read the link you have attached below but I cant find anything in there which says joint sponsorship is allowed. It refers to the word "Sponsor" not "Sponsors".

Joint sponsorship is where two different people not closely related sposnsor a visitor to the UK. Thsi would not be allowed as rules require one person to be liable , take the undertaking to be wholly resposnsible for the visitor during his stay in this country.

If joint sponsorship was allowed, who would be responsible and liable?, the more sponsor the bigger the headache for the people in authority as to who to blame if things go wrong.Furthermore the more the sponsors who are willing to pay the visitors cost, hardly any appliaction would be turned down

This is why one person (sponsor) is only allowed.However there is no harm if that sposnors wife who may be working can show joint funds to prove that they have sufficient funds to pay and cover the cost of their visitor. :wink:

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:47 pm

batleykhan wrote:
My first visa to the UK was sponsored by my cousin and his family, he included his passport page, his wife's passport page, both their payslips, their joint account + his own personal natwest account and tenancy agreement, etc
This would not be classified as joint sponsorship.The main sponsor was your cousin and he basically included his family details in the application.

This is what I have advised teh OP in teh above post.
I have read the link you have attached below but I cant find anything in there which says joint sponsorship is allowed. It refers to the word "Sponsor" not "Sponsors".

Joint sponsorship is where two different people not closely related sposnsor a visitor to the UK. Thsi would not be allowed as rules require one person to be liable , take the undertaking to be wholly resposnsible for the visitor during his stay in this country.

If joint sponsorship was allowed, who would be responsible and liable?, the more sponsor the bigger the headache for the people in authority as to who to blame if things go wrong.Furthermore the more the sponsors who are willing to pay the visitors cost, hardly any appliaction would be turned down

This is why one person (sponsor) is only allowed.However there is no harm if that sposnors wife who may be working can show joint funds to prove that they have sufficient funds to pay and cover the cost of their visitor. :wink:
Thats what I was talking about batleykhan. Thanks for your response to that. The OP is a BC with his wife on ILR, so there's nothing wrong in supply IV documents as family to invite his In-laws.

I included the UKVISA link bcos when I tried to check, there's nothing to suggest anything wrong with that type of sponsorship. I quite understand that its not allowed when its from 2 unrelated people. In the OP's case, its from him a BC and his wife on ILR just like you have confirmed. (sorry not really sure if the OP is the wife or husband, as the the post did not specify)

Thanks

rabey
Newly Registered

Post by rabey » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:37 pm

This is a quick update. I have sent joint sponsorship together. The family visitor visa has been approved for 6 months even though we applied for 4 months. Thanks to every one for their time.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:02 pm

rabey wrote:This is a quick update. I have sent joint sponsorship together. The family visitor visa has been approved for 6 months even though we applied for 4 months. Thanks to every one for their time.
You will be issued a visa for 6 months even if you applied for one week. Visit visa starts from 6 months, multiple entry.

Congratulations on your parent in-laws visas, all the best.

HRY
Live and let live

Moony
Newly Registered

Post by Moony » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 pm

I was going through the forum and came across a couple of posts that suggests that Joint sponsorhip is not allowed. In my case , myself and my brother (I am on a spouse visa and my brother on TIER1 GENERAL)wants to write a joint sponsor letter to invite our parents to visit UK and both of us i.e me any my brother will sponsor the trip. Will this be ok or the sponsor letter should be from one person only ?. Me and my brother live at different addresses.

Moony
Newly Registered

Post by Moony » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I was going through the forum and came across a couple of posts that suggests that Joint sponsorhip is not allowed. In my case , myself and my brother (I am on a spouse visa and my brother on TIER1 GENERAL)wants to write a joint sponsor letter to invite our parents to visit UK and both of us i.e me any my brother will sponsor the trip. Will this be ok or the sponsor letter should be from one person only ?. Me and my brother live at different addresses.

NishaL
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by NishaL » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:01 pm

rabey wrote:This is a quick update. I have sent joint sponsorship together. The family visitor visa has been approved for 6 months even though we applied for 4 months. Thanks to every one for their time.
Hi There

I am wondering if you/anyone could let me have the following information as I am hoping to invite my Mum here on touris visa: I am only asking you because you have received the visa. My husband and I are British. He is the main earner as I just work part time.

1. invitation letter and sponsoeship letter should be from both of us?
2. Should my mum has to provide her bank statements? Or any other documents to show that she will go back at the end of her visit?
3. Which courier service should I use to send allthe documents ?

Please help me with this. I would be grateful. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and regards,