ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approval for spouse of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChIrl

Naturalisation approval for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Folks,

Does anyway know what is timeframe for getting naturalisation approval for spouses of Naturalised Irish citizens. I applied for my wife last year (Sept.09) and wondering whether her application will be in the same queue of regular applications or will it be fasttracked.

Also, what documents, I will be asked to furnished once her application comes for review.

thanks in advance,

scrudu

Re: Naturalisation approval for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by scrudu » Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 pm

ChIrl wrote:Folks,

Does anyway know what is timeframe for getting naturalisation approval for spouses of Naturalised Irish citizens. I applied for my wife last year (Sept.09) and wondering whether her application will be in the same queue of regular applications or will it be fasttracked.

Also, what documents, I will be asked to furnished once her application comes for review.

thanks in advance,
According to a phone conversation I had with INIS, these applications should be processed more quickly. How quickly they couldn't say. Figures!! For sample data have a look here: http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

If you look at applications where "Grounds for application" = Spouse of Irish Citizen, you'll see timelines of 16 / 20 / 19 / 14 (months) . These are the first 4 entries I can see for spouses of Irish citizens. There are 2 very recent entries which state 4 and 8 mths for application (JJ & Piksie), but I'm sceptical about these entries as they don't tally with anyone's experiences thus far. I would love if this were the new timelines though!

ChIrl

Re: Naturalisation approval for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by ChIrl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:39 am

Thanks Scrudu. Do you or anyone knows what additional documents are asked at the time of processing spouse naturalisation application?

scrudu wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Folks,

thanks in advance,
According to a phone conversation I had with INIS, these applications should be processed more quickly. How quickly they couldn't say. Figures!! For sample data have a look here: http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

If you look at applications where "Grounds for application" = Spouse of Irish Citizen, you'll see timelines of 16 / 20 / 19 / 14 (months) . These are the first 4 entries I can see for spouses of Irish citizens. There are 2 very recent entries which state 4 and 8 mths for application (JJ & Piksie), but I'm sceptical about these entries as they don't tally with anyone's experiences thus far. I would love if this were the new timelines though!

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 am

No, not personally. We're also waiting for that stage. From what I've read in other threads here, it seems to be Tax details (P60 / P45 / End of Year Tax Details). I'm not sure how relevant these are for Spouses of Irish citizens as they are not being considered due to employment status in the country. I haven't seen any details from spouses of Irish citizens who were asked for more details. It's plausible that they request details to confirm that the marriage is still continuing but I'm only guessing here.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:40 pm

When did you apply? My wife applied in last Oct.09. I see that some people got very quickly and for other it took long time.

scrudu wrote:No, not personally. We're also waiting for that stage. From what I've read in other threads here, it seems to be Tax details (P60 / P45 / End of Year Tax Details). I'm not sure how relevant these are for Spouses of Irish citizens as they are not being considered due to employment status in the country. I haven't seen any details from spouses of Irish citizens who were asked for more details. It's plausible that they request details to confirm that the marriage is still continuing but I'm only guessing here.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 pm

ChIrl wrote:When did you apply? My wife applied in last Oct.09. I see that some people got very quickly and for other it took long time.
My husband applied in early Nov 2009. Not a word since receiving the reference number. Those last 2 entries with the really short times just came in this week. They are shockingly short given previous accounts. Maybe INIS are turning a corner?!!

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:24 am

OK. thaks. Let's hope for the best.
scrudu wrote:
ChIrl wrote:When did you apply? My wife applied in last Oct.09. I see that some people got very quickly and for other it took long time.
My husband applied in early Nov 2009. Not a word since receiving the reference number. Those last 2 entries with the really short times just came in this week. They are shockingly short given previous accounts. Maybe INIS are turning a corner?!!