ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How the immigration calculates the Age points ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leelapavan
Newly Registered

How the immigration calculates the Age points ?

Post by leelapavan » Mon May 31, 2010 11:09 am

:oops: :roll:
I have a query on the eligibility of my Age. I am getting 75 points at present in the points based calculator, but I will loose 5 points after June 6th and my total points will be 70 only. I will be completing 35 years by June 7th 2010.
If I submit my Visa Application on 4th June 2010, how the Immigration will consider my points (70 or 75?)? I just want to clarify the date which they consider i.e., the date when I apply or the date when the application reaches them. If they do not consider my age the date when I apply, I'll not be eligible to apply for visa.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 am

Date of application depends on where you are submitting the application - in UK or outside UK.

In the UK:
If sent by mail, then the date of posting.
If sent by courier, then date of receiving.

Outside UK:
Date of paying the application fee at VAC.

regards

troubled

Post by troubled » Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 am

The date your application reaches home office is the starting date of your application not the date you put on the form.If your application gets to HO before your 35th birthday ,points for age will be awarded to you. Make sure your application gets there before your 35th birthday to enjoy that 5 points.Send your application by special delivery to prove that your application got to HO before your 35th birthday

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 31, 2010 11:30 am

troubled wrote:The date your application reaches home office is the starting date of your application not the date you put on the form.
On what basis did you reach such a conclusion?
Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:For applications made in the UK:
• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office; or
• Where the application form is submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on which the application and associated payment is accepted.

For applications made outside the UK:
The date that the fee associated with For applications made outside the UK:
• The date that the fee associated with the application is paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at a British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online.

:roll:
regards

leelapavan
Newly Registered

Post by leelapavan » Mon May 31, 2010 12:14 pm

I am applying outside UK from VFS