ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR @ PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WooHoo

ILR @ PEO

Post by WooHoo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

My wife has an appointment for ILR. Do I, as her UK husband, need to attend? The confirmation of appointment just said only those registered may attend the appointment. We didn't register my details as they weren't asked for on the online booking form.

Did other Brits with foreign spouses attend the appointment with their spouses?

Many thanks :)

giz

Post by giz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:55 pm

I accompanied my wife when she had her appointment at Croydon PEO in March and got the impression they don't mind spouses going along. Wife was successful in obtaining her ILR without a hitch.
Don't think it's a requirement for you to be there on the day, but I went along for morale support. :D

WooHoo

Post by WooHoo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Cheers mate. Yeah same with me.

If they let me in that'll be great. If not, I'll give the morale support up until the waiting area (or wherever I'm allowed).

giz

Post by giz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:18 pm

I sat with the missus from start to finish, even when she was with the caseworker. I can guarantee you won't have a problem and you'll be able to do the same........good luck on the day :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:14 pm

They actually prefer the spouse to attend. If they aren't able to they should submit a letter explaining why they're not there to support the application.