ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how are GNIB queues these days?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frankcesca
Newly Registered

how are GNIB queues these days?

Post by frankcesca » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey all,
I plan to re-register as a student on Friday and was wondering if anyone's been to the GNIB to register lately. Are things all shook up with the changes in rules? Going in the afternoon's been good for me in the past but I need to go first thing in the morning this time. How early should I get there? How long might I expect to wait?

Cheers.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

I'd recommend arriving at 7:00 to get a number at 7:30 when the door opens. It depends on which queue you are joining. The queue for GNIB was pretty quick but the queue for Visas etc. at the INIS desks were very slow. Hubbie called in at 10:30AM 2 wks ago, waited 2 hrs to be told there were no numbers left. We went the next day at 7:10, got a place in the GNIB queue at 7:30, were finished at GNIB desk at 9AM and at Visa desk by 11:30AM. You can go in, get a number and call back later when it's expected to be handled.

frankcesca
Newly Registered

Post by frankcesca » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Brilliant, thanks a lot. It's just for the registration card at the GNIB. But since I'm a student and they don't deal with students until 9, will I not get a number until then? (I can't believe I've forgotten how this works, you'd think by the fourth time in there I'd have some memory of it...) :lol:

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:02 pm

I did see them telling students who came in that they wouldn't be dealt with until 9AM all right. They were sent away from the ticket desk without a number until after 9. We stood in the queue for GNIB at 8:30 and got a ticket number at around 8:50 (we were 8th in queue). The queue for numbers went pretty quickly. You could just stand at the end of the queue and if you get to the top of the queue before 9, then let someone in ahead of you until it goes 9AM!!

frankcesca
Newly Registered

Post by frankcesca » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:37 pm

New development- the guy at my school who writes the letters won't be in till half ten tomorrow morning! They check you have all your documents before they give you the ticket, right? Otherwise I'd queue up for a ticket and then get the letter at school and return. I may just do it next week. :roll:

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:55 pm

yep they check before you get the ticket

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I have to get multiple entry visa for my wife. What are opening hours and what is the best time to go there and complete the work?

Also, what documents I need to carry as she got Stamp 4 as a wife of Irish citizen after I naturalised.
scrudu wrote:yep they check before you get the ticket

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

If you are registering for a temporary stamp while waiting for EU Treaty Rights application, do you need a ticket?

If so when is the best time to get a ticket that would be seen to at about 7pm as I (the EU citizen) would not be able to get there til then.

Thanks in advance :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

frankcesca
Newly Registered

Post by frankcesca » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 pm

don't know if anyone cares any more, but I went in on Friday around 11:30 after I had all the documents ready, and was out by 3. They ran out of numbers some time after 1. Best of luck to everyone with unanswered questions.