ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa application - port of entry rule

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NishantJ
Newly Registered

schengen visa application - port of entry rule

Post by NishantJ » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 pm

I want a tourist visa (schengen) to visit spain.
Right now am on tier-1 visa in UK.
However spainish embassy (VFS - http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/appointment.aspx) are saying that the first slot for visa is 6 weeks from now, however I have already booked holidays in 5 weeks.

A agent is claiming that he can get me schengen visa to enter spain from France embassy in 7 days.

My question is : Is is possible to get schengen visa from french embassy and enter spain on that visa and return to UK?

Is there any rule that we need to take visa from spanish embassy if first port OR only port of entry is SPAIN?

Help much appreciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Spain VAC London wrote:A Schengen visa has to be obtained from the Embassy of the country where the MAIN PURPOSE OF TRAVEL lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before applying at the Spain Visa Application Centre in London.
France in the UK wrote:You may obtain a visa from this office if:
You are spending more time in France than in any other Schengen country during the same trip
OR
You are spending the same amount of time in France as in the other Schengen country(ies) and are entering France first, during the same trip

The decision and the validity of the visa will be based on your itinerary after study of your application.
And likewise for all Schengen countries.

regards

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 am

If you apply direct with the French Embassy you need

6. Proof of travel: A confirmed return ticket to France (plane, ferry, bus, etc.) or booking fully paid from your travel agent (including itinerary if participating in a tour). If you are visiting several Schengen states please join to your file a travel plan (download a model of travel plan)

7. Proof of accommodation: A reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating your full names, the dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details or a Certificate of Board and Lodging

Maybe agents can get away without providing that information, or maybe they intend to use false documents to get your visa.

NishantJ
Newly Registered

Post by NishantJ » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:51 am

:(

if I do not go with this agent or any other who claims to get me schegen visa I would have to cancel/modify my travel and pay huge cancellation fees.

Anyways thanks guys.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:25 am

I will add though that if you did get avisa issued by the french embassy it should allow you into spain first.

not sure I would recommend it as it may limit your chances of getting a visa from the french embassy in the future.

RT
Newly Registered

Post by RT » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:25 pm

A bit late with this but ... why is the agent applying to the French embassy ? Can you not get the agent to apply for the visa to the Spanish embassy ?

ryanluong
Newly Registered

Post by ryanluong » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Dear NishantJ,
I have seen your post about French embassy and going to Spain. I am in a similar situation, I will go to German Embassy to apply for a VISA next week and intend to travel to Spain only. I would like to learn from you experience. Did you eventually get the VISA and travel to Spain? Is there any problem?
Best regards,
Ryan