ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of quick queries please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Couple of quick queries please.

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:29 pm

HI,if some one could answer couple of following queries.

I need to know that what could council tax bill prove as far as the accomodation requirement is concerned for a settlement visa?

2.Is there anyway an ECO could determine that whether there would be overcrowding or not at the property where applicant intends to stay particularly when housing survey report has not been provided?

I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Re: Couple of quick queries please.

Post by HRY2005 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm

I need to know that what could council tax bill prove as far as the accomodation requirement is concerned for a settlement visa?
Council tax supports your tenancy agreement and confirms you are actually living in the house and paying tax
2.Is there anyway an ECO could determine that whether there would be overcrowding or not at the property where applicant intends to stay particularly when housing survey report has not been provided?
The size of the accomodation and the number of people living in it presently (the tenancy agreement could reveal that sometimes) + the number of applicant/s

Expect more from the experts.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 pm

navalaviator wrote:
It's on the applicant to provide proof that there is no over crowding in the property. If there is no proof of this when there needs to be, then the application can fail on accommodation grounds (a very important aspect of the settlement visas).
I tell it like it is.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Well just to add up and to give more clear picture of my above queries.

1.If the sponsor lives with family in a 4 bedroom house(owned by sponsor's parents) and the total number of people living at the property are 6 (including the sponsor) and if the applicant intends to stay at this property then the total number of people living at this address would be 7 so i need to know that in this case whether it would be overcrowding or not?

2.In above scenario if housing survey report (NO tenancy agreement as house is owned by sposor's parents and are happy for the applicant to live there rent free) has not been included then how an ECO would determine that whether there would be an overcowding at this property or not?
All that is provided in application is up to date morgage statement for the property,Letter from owners that they are happy for the applicant to live there rent free and its a 4 bedroom property with 6 people living in this household including the sponsor,Land registry.

Thanks in advance for any opinions and suggestions.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Yours council tax bills also show how many people are living at property.
Council tax does not shows the number of people living in a house/flats, tenancy agreement does. I just check our own council tax to confirm, it only shows the householder's name, the address, the amount of council tax and BAND. Can also reveal any council tax benefits (like single adult discount)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks for your responses :D
Allright so if sponsor lives with family in a 4 bedroom house(owned by sponsor's parents) and the total number of people living at the property are 6 (including the sponsor) and if the applicant intends to stay at this property then the total number of people living at this address would be 7 so i need to know that in this case whether it would be overcrowding or not?

2.If the owner of the property writes a letter to confirm that there are 4 bedrooms and 6 people are living at the property so will it be sufficent to assure the ECO that there would be no overcrowding?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:41 pm

In my situation, I live in a 5 bedroom house and the total number of people living here is 4 (including the sponsor). When I include my wife, the total number of people living in the property will be 5.
My father will write a letter confirming all of this. I was also questioning wether this will assure the ECO that there would be no overcrowding.
Based on everyones posts in my other thread, I have decided to just include the letter from my father and photos.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Other person liable for this charge.Is this not for other family persons living there.
Yes other person liable for the charge, means other persons responsible for the payment of that council tax charge. Still will not tell you the number of people living in a house.