ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received ILR under Legacy Case, Do i Have to wait for 1 YR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snowhite
Newly Registered

Received ILR under Legacy Case, Do i Have to wait for 1 YR

Post by snowhite » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Received ILR in JAN this year under legacy case. Stayed in this country for 10 years (Received asylum on 2000). Can i apply for naturalisation now instead of waiting for 1 year. Does that 1 year waiting period apply for me.

Pls advice.

Thanks

krimith

Re: Received ILR under Legacy Case, Do i Have to wait for 1

Post by krimith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm

snowhite wrote:Received ILR in JAN this year under legacy case. Stayed in this country for 10 years (Received asylum on 2000). Can i apply for naturalisation now instead of waiting for 1 year. Does that 1 year waiting period apply for me.

Pls advice.

Thanks
Yes you have to wait 1yr and then u can apply and you know some legacy case after 1yr also they use discention bec legacy case people past 5yrs not count legal so depend luck, can you tell me asylum you did in 2000 then application was reject or pending, IF reject then when you reapply legacy case