ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simon3000
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Question

Post by simon3000 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi All,

I've read the advisory threads but i'm still not quite clear hope someone can help. If one is a uk citizen and they marry a woman from africa.What do they have to do to please home office officials to allow the wife into england.We have a marriage cert,place to live & family has also offered a room in a shared flat if necessary.Work has been sporadic due to the current status quo but i have not claimed any state money.I have letters from family stating they will help us with money if we ever needed it.My financial standing is marginal but i can probably secure a letter of employment and attach my cv, which will show i am employable.How much money do i need to be earning? Savings I have none.

Please advise

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:01 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

simon3000
Newly Registered

Post by simon3000 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Thank you vinny, i may have a window, as long as i submit my paperwork properly, will she now have to do an english test with the new rules?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 am

simon3000 wrote:Thank you vinny, i may have a window, as long as i submit my paperwork properly, will she now have to do an english test with the new rules?
The English test pre-entry into the UK has not been implemented yet, and I don't believe any dates are known for exactly when it will be.

She will though have to do a Life in the UK test (or course) within 2 years of being in the UK.