ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly dependent relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qalien
Newly Registered

Elderly dependent relatives

Post by qalien » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Dear All,
Sorry, this kind of quistion again. Would any one please advise if my parents have a chance of obtaining settlement visa as elderly dependants.
-My mum hold a 2 year visitor visa, she going to visiting us here next week, her visa expairs on March 2011.
-My dad is here now and will go back next month(visa expairs).
-My mum is 65, my dad is 64 years old.
-I'm theirs only child.
-They both have pension and I do sent them money every year.
-We have a 4 beds house.
-I'm not working since I had my children (not on any benifit).
-The new job my husband had only pay £250/week after tax.
-We had child tax credit.
-We do have some savings.

Can I apply the dependant visa for my mom while she is visiting?
Should I waiting to apply it when my parents got another 2 or 5 years visitor's visa and then apply here?
Is it better to apply here?
Should I waiting for my husband to get a better paid job or I go back to work to make a better family income and then apply it?

Thank everyone.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 pm

To be very frank and blunt with you, I am sorry to say that in your personal circumstances to try and get this visa will be vey very hard for you.

I say this because of all the visas one tries to get to come to this country, the most hardest to get is the visa that you want for your mum. It is very very rare that these types of visa are issued. The reason for this being is that the criteria for this is so strict, that only a few lucky people get these.

Personally i wouldn't even bother wasting time and money in attempting to get this visa. You only need to read some of the posts on this subject to find out for yourself.

If you try and fail on this visa, the chances of your mum getting a visitor visa in the future would be put at risk and could end up in a refusal as the ECO will believe that you will probally not come back.

My advice would be for your mum to visit you on a visitor visa whenever possible.I know its not ideal but its best your bet to keep on seeing your mom

Sorry for being so blunt with you.I thought I would tell you some home truth.

qalien
Newly Registered

Post by qalien » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks for your advice batleykhan!
I know it will be hard, and for my parents to travel every year is not realy good for their age. They do miss their grandchildren a lot, they want to spend all their time with them. I even thinking to go back but it is not ideal for my husband.
So, I better to keep geting them visitor visa and try to go back every year till the day my husband chang his mind.

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

hello qalien

it is absolutely true that these visas are very hard to get though the case with your mum being over 65 at least get rid of the problems of compassionate or exceptional grounds once you can prove all the other immigration criteria...

see this link - this is my case i am currently going through with my mum and you can that its very difficult.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57488

i wish you luck in any choice you may take.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 pm

bear in mind also that if you apply for a settlement visa and get refused it could make it harder to get a visitor visa.