ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENT IN DESPAIR.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

MN
Newly Registered

STUDENT IN DESPAIR.

Post by MN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 am

I have been on this site for the past 5 hours reading up on as much information I possibly can.

However I have not come across anyone in the same situation as I am.

I am a Pakistani British Citizen. I met my husband-to-be online and after mutual understanding we've decided to get married. He is in Pakistan, Karachi whereas I am in the UK. I am a full-time student but I work on the weekend. I work 24 hours in total and earn 8.5 per hour making my net weekly pay to be 177.76 per week. I am getting married in Aug 10 but I intend to continue to study fulltime and work part-time when I return to the UK.

My questions are

* would receiving Student Finance cause any hinderance?
* would working part-time cause any issues?
* is my income sufficient?
* I have no savings whatsoever (come on I'm a student), will that have an adverse effect?
* Living with parents and have no financial ties
* Have had a name changed, was married before which dissolved years ago, but in my previous name also an immigrational matter
* He is fluent in English, holds 2 MBAs, would that help our application
* We are planning to go to dubai just after our marriage, will that be evidential enough to say I am not forced or to prove our marriage is on mutual grounds

I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks

P.S. I have read page 217 on PAK IMMs- but nothing about students or people with no savings.

* is my income sufficient?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:20 am

Have you met in person?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vignette

Post by vignette » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:37 am

And are you both over 21?

MN
Newly Registered

Post by MN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Haven't met in person, but yes both of us are over 21!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:48 pm

The essential requirement of a fiance visa is that both parties must have met and seen each other in person.

If you havent done this, then you do not qualify. Meeting over the internet is not allowed by the way.

I suggest you fly out to Pakistan or Dubai and meet each other for about a week or two and that should suffice the "Requirement to have met" rule.

As for your other circumstances, you might JUST get away with those, but dont be suprised if they refuse you.

I hope you have got your Absoloute Decree from the Courts confirming your marriage is annulled as you will need that. If that hasnt come through yet, my advise would be to wait till that is finalized before applying .

MN
Newly Registered

Post by MN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 pm

BK, I am flying out in July, having my nikaah performed in Aug. So yep, I will be meeting him, I am not calling him over as a fiance, but as a husband. Secondly, why would by circumstances get refused? Is it because of no savings or because I am a student? I have a perm job which means they will take me on fulltime once I finish university.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm

MN wrote:BK, I am flying out in July, having my nikaah performed in Aug. So yep, I will be meeting him, I am not calling him over as a fiance, but as a husband. Secondly, why would by circumstances get refused? Is it because of no savings or because I am a student? I have a perm job which means they will take me on fulltime once I finish university.
Sorry about my earlier post, I must have got confused with another post whilst writting to you.

Like i have already said you might just get away with it as regards your personal and financial circumstances.

It would have helped if you had some savings just in case of a rainy day you at least have something to fall back on, if for some reasons things changed for some unforseen circumstances.

MN
Newly Registered

Post by MN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Would it be ok if my parents gave me around £3000-5000 as a gift or something. Would that be classified as savings? What about my student finance i.e. Student grant which doesn't have to be paid back?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Until you meet forget it - you have a penpal not a lover.

MN
Newly Registered

Post by MN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Wanderer, I don't think you have read me correctly, I AM going to meet him and have our vows taken in Aug. I am talking about sponsoring him as a Spouse. Will I have issues concerning the fact I will be a full time student on a part time job which gives me just under £200 a week.

Sunskykelilo
Newly Registered

Post by Sunskykelilo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 am

MN wrote:Wanderer, I don't think you have read me correctly, I AM going to meet him and have our vows taken in Aug. I am talking about sponsoring him as a Spouse. Will I have issues concerning the fact I will be a full time student on a part time job which gives me just under £200 a week.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:02 am

MN wrote:Wanderer, I don't think you have read me correctly, I AM going to meet him and have our vows taken in Aug. I am talking about sponsoring him as a Spouse. Will I have issues concerning the fact I will be a full time student on a part time job which gives me just under £200 a week.
If you can show you have 105 pounds a week surplus after all essential bills like rent/power etc you have a chance.

However I think you might have issues with meeting once and marrying - smacks of a marriage of convenience and the ECO will have his suspicious head on with this one.