ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Naturalisation application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Help! Naturalisation application

Post by Dublin88 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi,

As INIS are not currently taking calls and it's taking forever for them to respond by email/post. I was hoping someone could please help with some Naturalisation queries ref the application.

1) I have been in Ireland for 5 years (1st yr: working holiday authorisation, 2nd yr: Work Permit, 3rd & 4th yrs: Green Card, 5th yr: Stamp 4. Am assuming there is no issue for me to apply for Naturalisation based on the above. I know I can't apply for LTR as working holiday authorisations don't count. But there are no mention of these under Naturalisation on the INIS website.

2) Regarding "documentation from Revenue Commisioners" - what exactly is required? P60? P21? Tax Certificate? All of these? Just the most recent docs? or since i've been in Ireland, i.e. past 5 years?

3) Copies of bank statements are required. Do you think it's ok to print off "e-statements" from online banking as I recently decided to stop paper bank statements via post. Or do you think a photocopy of the paper/post statement will be better? Or it really shouldn't matter?

4) Is it necessary to photocopy my "full" passport (i.e. every single page) highlighting the pages with Irish passport endorsements?

5) Is a copy of all my GNIB cards required, or just the current one?

6) With regards to "Previous Addresses", what happens if there are gaps. i.e. I was staying with friends/family while looking for a place to live etc. Or do I just have to put the addresses of everywhere i've stayed literally? (unless i was travelling of course).

7) Three "Irish Citizen" Referees are required, is this for the purpose of a character reference? Is it a stronger case to choose people whom you've known for longer, i.e. 5years vs 2 years? Also, was going to ask a friend whom is of "Irish Citizenship" and has an Irish passport, but she was not born in Ireland and only gained Irish Citizenship when she was 10 years old. Technically, she could be a referee, but will this delay the application as they may want to check her background as she is not born in Ireland (just because the actual applicationform requests the "country of birth" of the Referee?) What do you think?

Thanks very much for your help! :)

khan.982
Newly Registered

help irish law say for non eu to get divorce from eu please

Post by khan.982 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:28 pm

I would like to some one help me to know I m married with eu for last 6yrs in Ireland have 2 daughther during this period unlikely things not going well between us we decide
to move on with our life in separate ways , next yrs I want to apply for irish passport is this divorce affect to my passport application or what the law say about me I been full time working this yrs and still working

victor8600

Re: Help! Naturalisation application

Post by victor8600 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 pm

As far as I know:

1) If it does not count for LTR, it probably does not count towards naturalisation either. What kind of stam covers this period? If it is Stamp 1 or 4, then you may be ok.

2) Get P21 if you are PAYE worker.

4) All pages.

5) Current GNIB card copy only.

6) You know that you had to go to GNIB to notify them of your new address whenever you had moved, don't you? So put the addresses that you gave GNIB.

7) Better give references from people born in Ireland.
All your base are belong to us

AShawna

Re: Help! Naturalisation application

Post by AShawna » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:17 am

Dublin88 wrote:
3) Copies of bank statements are required. Do you think it's ok to print off "e-statements" from online banking as I recently decided to stop paper bank statements via post. Or do you think a photocopy of the paper/post statement will be better? Or it really shouldn't matter?
A photocopy of the paper statement is better. However I know a friend that printed statements from online banking BUT she took the printout to the bank to be stamped and signed inbranch.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin88 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Ashawna & victor8600 - thanks for your advice.

Ref GNIB passport stamps - The GNIB stamps in my passport are "13/1" or "15/1" stamps in the first 4 years - which I think are Stamp 1? Can anyone confirm this? Note, I've had the right to work here for the past 5 years.

1st yr - "13/1" stamp (work holiday authorisation)
2nd yr - "15/1" stamp (Work Permit)
3rd & 4th yrs - "13/1" stamp (Green card)
5th yr - Stamp 4

Thanks!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:41 am

1st yr - "13/1" stamp (work holiday authorisation)
5th yr - Stamp 4

the numbers there are only the dates, like from ... to....
there are no actual numbers on the stamps. info on stamps is here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Stamps

Dublin88
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi agniukas - no, they're definetely not dates. They've been stamped into my passport by GNIB on the top right hand corner of the box that details something like "Permission to remain etc etc" (don't have my passport with me to confirm full wording). The only dates on my passport from GNIB are all handwritten, i.e. date of registraion and date of new expiry date.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 pm

agniukas wrote:1st yr - "13/1" stamp (work holiday authorisation)
5th yr - Stamp 4

the numbers there are only the dates, like from ... to....
there are no actual numbers on the stamps. info on stamps is here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Stamps
does the year spent as work holiday authorization count for citizenship application?