ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a National Insurance number.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Applying for a National Insurance number.

Post by pyke » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:03 pm

What documents are required to apply for an NI number at JobCentres for a jobseeker?

The quantity of documents listed on

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10014073

for proof of identity is rather subjective.

Can someone with experience of applying for an NI number as a jobseeker on a Tier 1 visa please advise what documents were submitted or presented in your case?

Thank you.

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:15 pm

As far as you are concerned, the important part of that link is, with my emphasis :-
Jobcentre Plus will arrange an Evidence of Identity (EOI) interview for you or send you a postal application.
The point is this. Until reasonably recently everyone from outside the EEA who needed a NI number had to have an interview. However that is no longer the case. As the holder of a Tier 1 visa the application for a NI number should be a postal process, and thus no interview should be necessary.

The postal process makes total sense. After all the UK Government already knows about you .... when the visa was issued.
John

pyke

Post by pyke » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 am

That does make sense. Thank you, John!

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Great I have received my postal application but there's a section for dates in and out of the UK, which is a bit of a problem for me as I do not have my old passports with me and have been in and out many times.

There must be others who have faced a similar predicament? My question is whether approximate dates can be given or if I can contact the UKBA to check the exact dates?

Silly question, but I'm afraid I'm running out of options. All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.