ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will it effect my friends wifes application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

malt786
Newly Registered

will it effect my friends wifes application?

Post by malt786 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm

hi all

my friend had recently had his british passport taken by the police part of a ongoing police investigation. this was a major theft by employees and his car was used part of the theft, and the police have since taken his passport but his wifes remain for 2 years has expired but has apllied for ILR.
whats the likely outcome that his wife will be granted ILR. his has stopped working but has sent in his payslips b4 he got dismissed.he sent all the relevant papers and he sent a certified copy of his british passport.

could some one advise me so i can tell him

many thanks

John

Post by John » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 pm

his wifes remain for 2 years has expired but has apllied for ILR
Has it expired? Was the ILR applied for prior to the expiry date on the spouse visa? If yes then she has so-called Section 3C protection, and the spouse visa is "treated as continuing" until they deal with the application.

As I understand what you have posted, the husband is suspected of being involved in the theft, but has not been charged? And his wife is not suspected of anything. Accordingly I don't think the suspicion on him will have any effect on his wife's ILR application.
John

malt786
Newly Registered

Post by malt786 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 pm

hi john

her indefinate has expired on may 5th. but had sent off the papers 2weeks before expiring and the police have charged him. and there is nothing on the wife. and to top it up they have a kid. hus a B.Ctzn.
they both get along as hsband/wife and they are still both living under the same roof.
thanks

nyameye

Post by nyameye » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:12 pm

malt786 wrote:hi john

her indefinate has expired on may 5th. but had sent off the papers 2weeks before expiring and the police have charged him. and there is nothing on the wife. and to top it up they have a kid. hus a B.Ctzn.
they both get along as hsband/wife and they are still both living under the same roof.
thanks

hopefully the wife will be fine as long as she is not involved with the theft.

malt786
Newly Registered

Post by malt786 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 pm

i wana be 100% sure b4 i tell hiim. he is regretting wat he has done, but cant face that if his wife does not get her ILR.

many thanks.

mycanal1

Re:

Post by mycanal1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 am

malt786 wrote:hi john

thanks
indefinate leave to Remain cannot expire that is why it is Indefinate. did u mean to say her leave to remain , or limited leave to remain.