ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assylum seeker awaiting a decision

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

unknowna1

Assylum seeker awaiting a decision

Post by unknowna1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:13 am

Hi guys, I am an assylum claimant frm Ghana, with a uk unmarried partner and we have 2 kids together, I have recently been for my assylum interview, it's took a month for a decision to me made, I rung to chase it up and have been told that they not allowed to tell me what the decision is and that I will recieve a letter in the post to advice me what the decision is, it's been another 2 weeks since the decision was made so have rung them again and they've said though a decision as Been made, it gets sent to a different department, who will then be responsible for sending the letters out to me, but they are going to have to chase it up with that department for me. My worry is, is it a good or a bad decision? What do u think? Any assylum seekers here who may have got a positive or a negtive decision? And can they advise how long it took for them to recieve their decision so I can weigh the chances of if this delay is good or bad? Thanks

edinburgh

Re: Assylum seeker awaiting a decision

Post by edinburgh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:44 pm

deleted
Last edited by edinburgh on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:28 pm

You may have made an incorrect decision in claiming Asylum as you are from Ghana which is not an unstable country.
In my opinion you should have made a claim for discretionary leave to remain as you have family.
Who gave you the advice to claim asylum?

unknowna1

Hi again

Post by unknowna1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54 am

mochyn wrote:You may have made an incorrect decision in claiming Asylum as you are from Ghana which is not an unstable country.
In my opinion you should have made a claim for discretionary leave to remain as you have family.
Who gave you the advice to claim asylum?
i was under the impression that if they think u don't qualify for assylum, they will reconsider the case on other grounds like humanitarian or discretionary leave to remain, so it doesn't really matter what country am from I don't think!

I have another question tho

if granted, do they usually send a response through the post or do they hand it over when you go to report?

I know it applies to if refused, where they wait for you to report and then detain you, just wondering if they could do it for if granted, hand it over to you instead ov posting it. Cuz ma decision was made end ov may but still not got a response yet, but I am due to resport soon.

Does anyone know?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm

On what grounds did you claim asylum and was the UK the first safe country u landed in?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Wanderer wrote:On what grounds did you claim asylum and was the UK the first safe country u landed in?

Ma question really is how the give you your decision once it's been made!
Whether through the post or wait till you go to report n then tell u, cuz those they tellin me they can't tell me the decision on the phone, n that dey r gona send me a letter by post, it's almost a month now since the decison was made but still not got the letter.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:29 pm

unknowna1 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:On what grounds did you claim asylum and was the UK the first safe country u landed in?

Ma question really is how the give you your decision once it's been made!
Whether through the post or wait till you go to report n then tell u, cuz those they tellin me they can't tell me the decision on the phone, n that dey r gona send me a letter by post, it's almost a month now since the decison was made but still not got the letter.
From your responses it seems to me you are not a genuine asylum seeker and they are maybe preparing for your removal?

unknowna1

Hi

Post by unknowna1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 pm

From your responses it seems to me you are not a genuine asylum seeker and they are maybe preparing for your removal?[/quote]

I am a genuine asylum seeker I just didn't answer cuz it wasn't a response to my question plus I hv answered that question several times on here, search for ma previous posts!

Why do you never get any straight answers on here, it's suppose to be a forum to help ppl but all ppl do on here Is judge n sterotype! It's just not rite

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 pm

UKBA don't like to give information over the phone particularly about decisions. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it. They could post you the decision or they could also serve it on you when you next go to report.

As you're from Ghana, the UKBA could 'certify' your asylum claim as clearly unfounded as Ghana is on a list of countries deemed to be generally safe. This basically means that they can make a decision to refuse you without giving you an in country right of appeal. This is not to say they do it with every claim however as it depends on the grounds upon which you claimed asylum.

However as you have family in the UK they should give you a right of appeal against any refusal because of your family life. DId you provide UKBA with evidence of your family life in the UK? If your case is refused you will have 10 days to appeal the decision, or 5 days if you are detained under immigraiton powers. Perhaps call them again to make sure they have your correct address and ask when they decision is like to be serve on you.

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Greenie wrote:UKBA don't like to give information over the phone particularly about decisions. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it. They could post you the decision or they could also serve it on you when you next go to report.

As you're from Ghana, the UKBA could 'certify' your asylum claim as clearly unfounded as Ghana is on a list of countries deemed to be generally safe. This basically means that they can make a decision to refuse you without giving you an in country right of appeal. This is not to say they do it with every claim however as it depends on the grounds upon which you claimed asylum.

However as you have family in the UK they should give you a right of appeal against any refusal because of your family life. DId you provide UKBA with evidence of your family life in the UK? If your case is refused you will have 10 days to appeal the decision, or 5 days if you are detained under immigraiton powers. Perhaps call them again to make sure they have your correct address and ask when they decision is like to be serve on you.

Thanks a lot mate! That's a straight forwrd and precised response! There is a threat on ma life due to a family inheritance and thts the grounds of my asylum claim, n if I don't qualify for a refugee status am hoping I get granted discretional leave to remain on humanitarian grounds or on the bases of my family life, Which they hv evidence of, to be honest am not worried or concerned at all, I hv a feelin it will b good news and I also think I will possible get served it wen I next go in to report, thanks again.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:38 am

unknowna1 wrote:There is a threat on ma life due to a family inheritance and thts the grounds of my asylum claim
That's blatant misuse of the asylum system and an insult to those in genuine peril.

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:19 am

Wanderer wrote:
unknowna1 wrote:There is a threat on ma life due to a family inheritance and thts the grounds of my asylum claim
That's blatant misuse of the asylum system and an insult to those in genuine peril.
there we go again! Typical!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm

unknowna1 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
there we go again! Typical!
it would have been easier for people to reply to you if you had continued the post instead of jumping around posting different questions on the same topic also cherry picking answers is not the way this site works.

People are entitlied to their own views on the topic and many here think you are not a genuine asylum seeker but just wishing to bend the system in your favour

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

it would have been easier for people to reply to you if you had continued the post instead of jumping around posting different questions on the same topic also cherry picking answers is not the way this site works.

People are entitlied to their own views on the topic and many here think you are not a genuine asylum seeker but just wishing to bend the system in your favour[/quote]

am ok with ppl hving their own opinion, am just not happy abt them goin about it in a patronising and judgemental about it the way it's done on this forum n if am rly not genuine, am sure HO will see through that! So will be sure to come back and post the decision on here.

adindas

Just my Opinion

Post by adindas » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I think this is one of the loopholes in the Claim for Asylum Seekers in the UK. People could easily make up their story. Is not that everybody could use this as a ground to claim asylum seeker pending further investigation ?

There is a huge incentive of doing that, as you have nothing to loose but possibly something to gain. Do not need to pay anything ….
How many times we have heard people make story about family dispute and they will be killed once they was deported homes. I remember I have seen a few times about this in you tube.

The problem with this is that it will make the genuine asylum seekers to be extremely difficult. We have witnessed this.
I am not saying that “unknowna1â€