ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 extension application returned as invalid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dimat
Newly Registered

Tier-1 extension application returned as invalid

Post by dimat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 am

Hello everyone, need your advice as just got not expected news.

My HSMP visa has expired on 6 June and I have just received my documents back from Home Office saying that the application was invalid because I did not include Police Registration Certificate.

I remember searching in the form itself and the guidance if I need to enclose the certificate but the only place where it is mentioned was the Summary Section where you list which documents you are including, but nowhere was written that I have to include it.

Anyway, my current situation is that my visa expired 13 days ago and I can not appeal, as the application is invalid but not refused. So I need to make a new fresh application.

Do I need to leave the country now and apply from my home country?

or Can I reapply now from the UK?

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:54 am

I am not aware of any Police registeration certificate being used as supporting document for T1 extension.

Do you have any police record? I suppose they will look for such certificate only if have committed any offense and you have not been cleared.

push

Re: Tier-1 extension application returned as invalid

Post by push » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:57 am

dimat wrote:Hello everyone, need your advice as just got not expected news.

My HSMP visa has expired on 6 June and I have just received my documents back from Home Office saying that the application was invalid because I did not include Police Registration Certificate.

I remember searching in the form itself and the guidance if I need to enclose the certificate but the only place where it is mentioned was the Summary Section where you list which documents you are including, but nowhere was written that I have to include it.

Anyway, my current situation is that my visa expired 13 days ago and I can not appeal, as the application is invalid but not refused. So I need to make a new fresh application.

Do I need to leave the country now and apply from my home country?

or Can I reapply now from the UK?
Did your original leave required you to register with Police? Can you share further details about your original visa category, validity, nationality etc?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Do you fall under any of the categories listed in Part 10 of immigration rules or Appendix -2 (list provided below)

Registration with the police

Afghanistan
Algeria
Argentina
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Belarus
Bolivia
Brazil
China
Colombia
Cuba
Egypt
Georgia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Moldova
Morocco
North Korea
Oman
Palestine
Peru
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Yemen
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dimat
Newly Registered

Post by dimat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:07 pm

My initial visa was HSMP (January 2008). Nationality is ukrainian.

I actually didi register with police within 7 days after arrival to the country as it was required and I have the certificate. The problem is that I did not enclosed it with the application as it was not explicitly asked to do. The only place where it was mentioned is Section 6 - Summary Sheet where you list enclosed documents. So I did not enclosed.

My current problem is that, as I understand, I need to make fresh application but not appeal. And there are questions like 'I confirm that application is sent before expire of the current visa'.

skomati

Post by skomati » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 am

you dont need to leave the country, you could send your fresh application along with all the required doccuments and covering letter explaining why you did not sent the police clearance certificate with the earlier application , and ask them to consider this application in a polite way and seend it as soon as possible (let is say with in 28 days)..
i am sure u will geet the visa....if u a have required points

dimat
Newly Registered

Post by dimat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:51 am

Just called Home Office and they said that the right procedure would be to leave the country and apply from the home country. Although, it wasmalso said that they can not stop anyone from sending applications from the UK, but if it is refused then it would mean that I'll overstay my 28 days period.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

dimat wrote:Just called Home Office and they said that the right procedure would be to leave the country and apply from the home country. Although, it wasmalso said that they can not stop anyone from sending applications from the UK, but if it is refused then it would mean that I'll overstay my 28 days period.
DONT LEAVE UK. and most of the time dont listen what ukba call centre people say. they dont know what they are talking about most of the time. call again today i can bet money on it, you will hear different answer. anyway, just contact with experienced solicitor and they will sort you out without any problem if possible even with same day application. i know many people who reapplied after visa expiry and got visa no need to leave country. just contact experienced consultant. but do it ASAP. Clock is ticking

alladin

Post by alladin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

dimat wrote:Just called Home Office and they said that the right procedure would be to leave the country and apply from the home country. Although, it wasmalso said that they can not stop anyone from sending applications from the UK, but if it is refused then it would mean that I'll overstay my 28 days period.
I also feel you should not be leaving the country, since they can delay your application when you are doing it from your native.

cheers,
alladin

dimat
Newly Registered

Post by dimat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 pm

I also found out today that if I leave now, then it will be considered that I broke my leave to remain and I will lose my 2 years that I have already stayed here. So for ILR I'll have to start from square one.

Will be applying from the UK.

lefty
Newly Registered

Post by lefty » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am

I'm in the same boat now. They have refused my extension as I havent suppilied a break down of my salary even though the bank statements were there.

My visa expired early this month and just got the refusal, so I will follow you and re-apply with a fresh application set.

Can someone tell what is a breakdown of the salary ?

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Post by amirbashir » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 am

Make sure when you apply with fresh application, your earning period is still within last 15 months.

dimat
Newly Registered

Post by dimat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 am

Quick update.

I have got an approval!