ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

C - VISIT - Mariage/CP UK Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrsdenaro
Newly Registered

C - VISIT - Mariage/CP UK Visa

Post by mrsdenaro » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a C-Visit - Marriage/CP visa after i got married we decided to stay here so we decided to apply for Spouse Visa as well i could start working and help my Husband but instead we recieved a Refused to remain. What should I do?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Return to your home country and apply for a spouse visa to return to the UK.
Form VAF4a
Unfortunately the UKBA won't issue a visa here due to your change of mind.
You will have to show in the application that you will be able to support yourselves financially and have adequate accomodation. You must both be over the age of 21.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 pm

And the OP could find themselves in a spot of bother here if they decide the OP intended to apply for FLR within the UK and decree it as intention to frustrate the immigration rules.

Where is the husband from? Surprised a MVV has granted if he's a BC. If he's not what visa is he on?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:And the OP could find themselves in a spot of bother here if they decide the OP intended to apply for FLR within the UK and decree it as intention to frustrate the immigration rules.

Where is the husband from? Surprised a MVV has granted if he's a BC. If he's not what visa is he on?
Shouldn't be a problem to get a MVV to marry a British citizen in the UK if they aren't going to live in the UK after they get married (already have home and jobs in another country maybe..)

As you say they might have caused themselves a few problems if the UKBA believe it was an attempt to save ~£400 in visa fees...

mrsdenaro
Newly Registered

Post by mrsdenaro » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm

:cry:
i didnt change my mind of anything we have asked the people who work inside the office in bahrain who arrange the visa for UK, and this is what they adviced us to do. we have given up everything in bahrain where we used to live before for 4 years and hoping to start a new life in my husbands own country. I think helping him to work and earn is also the best way to prepare our future before having a baby. If we intended to just get married here, we should'nt have gave up our Good life in Bahrain...I have a proper job as a executive secretary in Weddings and Events Co., there in Bahrain and my husband is a Security consultant, We have just Trusted the people who worked in VFS for the UK Embassy for what kind of visa we should take to get married and stay to his own country. I really want to cry and show how and what i feel to my husband of what is going on but i also want to be strong, seeing my husdand worried and stressed, not to mention he's suffering for his big hernia in his tummy. We, (each other) is all we've got look after our self. Im scared for my husband and i dont want him to get hurt and suffer more. it says to my refuse letter that they're not violating human rights, but it really feels like this is worst.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm

They are not violating your right to family life...they are simply following the regulations. Unfortunately, you applied for the wrong visa and cannot now apply for a Spouse visa from within the UK.
'after i got married we decided to stay here' You may have given the wrong impression to the visa agency as it appears the decision to stay in the UK was made after the marriage. You should have applied for a fiance visa which would have been considerably more expensive.

John

Post by John » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm

mrsdenaro, the "no switching" rule was introduced as long ago as 01.04.03. Since then it has not been possible to switch from a visitor visa to a spouse visa in the UK.
John

mrsdenaro
Newly Registered

Post by mrsdenaro » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 am

thank you. you are right. i hope to tell you more about our situation but i guess its no use. thanks for answering all my questions.