ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time taken for UKBA to issue Immigration Status Document

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Curious11
Newly Registered

Time taken for UKBA to issue Immigration Status Document

Post by Curious11 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 am

The First-Tier Tribunal (IAC) allowed an asylum appeal on 2 March 2010 and denied the UKBA the permission to file an appeal with the Upper-Tier Tribunal on 6 April 2010. The UKBA informed the asylum seeker about the the Upper-Tier's denial of permission on 12 April 2010.

After that no one has informed the asylum seeker; neither have the Immigration Status and other documents been issued to him. Could anyone tell me how things move forward and how long it takes for the UKBA to issue those documents. I will appreciate.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 pm

It could take a very long time as the UKBA are sore losers and being denied the right to apppeal the decision, it could take up to a year to issue the right to remain in the UK

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 pm

I would suggest calling the court again to make sure the UKBA has not renewed the application for permission to appeal. Assuming they haven't, you should contact the UKBA department who were responsible for making the decision on your case and ask them to implement the decision. First you should call the number on your refusal letter to make sure they are still responsible for your case and ask them if they are aware your appeal was allowed (sometimes the departments of the Home Office/UKBA dont talk to each other and your file may still be with the appeals team). You should then write to them and enclose 4 x photos of you and your dependents. you have probably alreayd given them your photos but it doesnt hurt to send more. Dont forget to keep a copy of any letter you send and send it by recorded delivery post.

Give them 2 weeks to respond. If they don't I would suggest speaking to a good immigration solicitor. If UKBA are threatened with Judicial Review for failing to issue status documents then they soon act pretty fast.