ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tried Germany, Failed and now Sweden- Need advise please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

s19779

Tried Germany, Failed and now Sweden- Need advise please

Post by s19779 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 am

Hi All,
As the topic says, I failed to get any interviews in Germany staying miles away from it and screwed my only chance I got too. But that is another story!!! A sad story!!! :?

Now, I got a swedish offer thru my company and it is a company transfer or a job rotation.
I am researching on average salaries and cost of living in sweden.

To answer that you need to know these:
1)I am a mechanical engineering degree holder(bachelors)
2)10 years expereices in Aero engine design domain
3)Age 33 (I did not know that till my last birthday which brought me to my senses :( )
4)Worked for major aero engine producers for entire 10 years.

Can you guys be knid enough to help me with how much I can be quoting as salary and what about other benefits I should be aware of.

And what is the average cost of living for a average live (I know its vague but some figure would help)

Thanks

ambre99
Newly Registered

Post by ambre99 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:13 am

Hi we moved from UK to Sweden. There are a number of things that are good and bad. But search thelocal.se they have a forum with a lot of expats who might be able to help.
what we have noticed is that the food cost is substantially higher than UK, althought renting cost is alot cheaper. If you have your own apartment expect to pay between 6000- 10000 swedish kronor or higher. Salaries vary but mostly they are fair for the living costs. Salaries are mostly negotiated when you are offered the job. You pay a lot of tax atleast 25% (also depends which area you live in ). In most apartments heating and electiricity is included in the rent. If you have family i think Sweden is the best country to live in. ANyway try thelocal.se you'll find answers to most of your questions.
Good Luck.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Thanks Ambre! Will 35000 SEk be sufficient for 2 of them in sweden?

ambre99
Newly Registered

Post by ambre99 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Per month? 35000SEK for 2 sounds perfectly reasonable. But tax rates are slightly higher after 30000! if you will get 35000 after tax then its a good salary.
check www.skattverket.se for tax queries and www.forsakringskassan.se for social insurance etc.
As soon as you enter Sweden you have to apply for a personummer which is a unique number and everyone in Sweden have one. You apply for that at skattverket.se once you have that then you should register at forsakringskassan. Did you try thelocal.se?

s19779

Post by s19779 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Yes, I tried the thelocal.se and it is good. I got answers for many of my questions there. Thanks for referring.

And yeah I was thinking about the same thing of asking 30000 after tax and would'nt that be so cool! :D

Is there any theme parks or disney land kind of entertainments in sweden?
How about Hollywood rubbish releases and rubbish ticket costs??

Thanks in advance.

ambre99
Newly Registered

Post by ambre99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 pm

In Stockholm there is a small theme park but i've heard that there is a big one down south in Gothenborg not exactly sure though...
Movies are relaeased around the same time as in UK or US. tickets are expensive though 100-120 SEK. good thing is that they don't dub the movies so not being fluent in swedish isnt a problem.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm

hah! that sounds welcoming.
Looks like I will be watching "the expendables" there in sweden if everything goes well.

Thanks Ambre.